Western Express Orientation

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by HDFatboy01, Dec 28, 2011.

1. flatbedkat

flatbedkat Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2012
    lewisburg,KY
    Yes trainee pay is $375 a week. Be prepared to be at the yard up to 10 days past orientation,waiting for a trainer.There are only so many trainers and they try to get them to the trainees as they come out of orientation but sometimes the trainer can held up for many reasons,and yes you will still be getting paid while waiting. Being home every weekend AIN'T gonna happen!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. flatbedkat

Mar 25, 2012
    lewisburg,KY
    Comfort Inn in Nashville Is VERY<VERY nice....if you end up at the Super 8..DUMP

4. flatbedkat

Mar 25, 2012
    lewisburg,KY
    Yes they have plenty of freight going to Maine and Vermont more so on the Van division

5. dweedle

dweedle Light Load Member

Oct 14, 2011
    Lehigh Valley,Pa
    no don't take advances. living in pa i pay alot of taxes, i was out of nashville till a couple of weeks ago and switched to the nazareth terminal. as for running on the west coast i've talked to alot of van drivers and they have not been out west. the only time i've been out west was training. no matter which terminal you are out of you will go to maine and ny and down south. i am sapossed to be ne but am in ga now,will be going back north with next load.

6. usncva62

usncva62 Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2012
    barre vermont
    do you have a specific route to follow from maine going say south? or can you take a different route if you think its a better road,less traffic and not much longer. for instance,maybe when you leave maine you come down 95,what if i jump onto 302 west thru vermont to wells river at exit 17 I-91 which is where 302 crosses
    i-91. here there is a small truck stop at this exit is p&h truck stop.if i'm making good time i want to stop here for a break. this truck stop is 7 miles from my house. park my truck here. call my daughter she picks me up takes me home to ck the mail say hello,have a meal bk to the truck and head south on I-91. pick up I-95 at the I-91 & I-95 split in ct. would that be allowed as far as the company goes? 302 is a popular truck rte.

7. usncva62

Feb 24, 2012
    barre vermont
    ok here's another one. i just read on here that training pay is $375 for western express which i already know this but now i read they take $200 a week out of the $375 to pay for the training. is this true?

8. dweedle

Oct 14, 2011
    Lehigh Valley,Pa
    thats what i herd they started doing, but not sure if its true. as far as routes from maine they send you 95 to 495 to 290 to 90 to 84 to 91 unless you have a load going into the boston area.

truckin4u3788 Thanks this.
  9. usncva62

Feb 24, 2012
    barre vermont
    ok. thank you dweedle for answering my questions,you've been very helpful. a few flurries here in vermont but nothing serious. winter is on a down hill slide.

10. james meekins

james meekins Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2012
    grantsboro north carolina
    i have been driving for 16 years but most of it has been on a log truck pulled a flatbed for a couple of months wondering if they would consider hiring me since i am not an otr driver

11. dweedle

Oct 14, 2011
    Lehigh Valley,Pa
    they might, if so you might have to go out with a trainer. you would have to talk to a recruiter. we have a terminal in emporia va. exit 12 or 13 off of 95, but it would not matter which one your out of. i was out of nashville but switched to the pa terminal last month. i hope i was somewhat helpful.

james meekins Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.