Western Express Ripoff

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by JB Toille, Aug 9, 2019.

1. 35 and out

35 and out Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2018
    Ups freight is LTL And I was saying it sounds like he needs to work on his backing skill's. 26 years YRC 10 years Hauling equipment and road work. Seem's to me some people on this site like to tell new drivers crappy advice like what they cant do All i'm saying is there are alot of options and any otr company should be his last option.

jon69 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  2. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    With 2 at fault accidents that can easily be avoided. The job hopping from swift to western . and gives up after one load. Trucking is a tough game no matter how much experience u got. Its rough miles during the winter. But its all part of the game. This guy is not telling the full story. The megas dont have trucks sitting that much. They still have bills to pay just like any truck company . even during bad seasons trucks are still moving because they undercut everybody else in the market to keep their trucks moving that is the entire business model of the megas. He is not telling us fhe full story, notice how we dont hear about the accidents until later. There is still more of the story we are not hearing. He is just not cut out for this game , IMO.

3. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Oh okay. Chinatown mentioned UPS and I was I was building on that. Not UPS freight, the trucks pictured above are sleeper team trucks for parcel. UPS freight probably would still be tough for him tho because as the years go on UPS is starting to run freight more like parcel.

88 Alpha Thanks this.
  4. 35 and out

Jun 29, 2018
    The guy is not gonna get on driving for ups It's teamsters and at 80 cpm most of them are parcel driver's that got the bump up. All im saying is there is so much good work out there without the games but if your happy It's not my biss. Want 3 hundred a day go to elko nv run lcv side dumps . Want 450 go to williston nd or midland Tx run tanker. There is no reason that anyone has to put up with the games. I read what some of you poor souls put up with and it's just crazy. The sad thing is I hear alot of anti union crap here but to each is own. Listen New driver's nobody give's a #### about your dac or what you did .They will go back 3 years hell have your old lady answer the phone with her number as your old boss call your maibox store by your house and give them the fax number so you can fill out your own driver dot paperwork.Just throw the dice it might just stick. Dont listen to these guys the company's have lied to you so #### them.

5. 35 and out

Jun 29, 2018
    And I know I'll get some Flake like omg You will go to the pen or some stupid ####. How long have they lied To you and They killed the trucking biss. #### them. ####ing Russian mob rips people off all the time And you guys still haul there ####. Sitting for hours for no pay. But it's too late. Last three drivers at our job site could not speak english for even lower wages.automatic trucks, Inside facing cameras. No balls No brother hood. Paid 50 bucks a month union dues and made that back in a hour. Used to Be Bad ### now it's just Low IQ dumb ####s. Now i will get #### from some oo from down south . Tell a lie long enough you believe.

6. kidz bop

kidz bop Medium Load Member

Oct 5, 2017
    at that location. they are exactly alike. same flat area with a guy on forklift, same design on the terminal. execpt ups location lucky to see 1 forklift moving around. the ups yard 3 times larger. yet the smaller ltl companies next door 1/3rd size terminal with 12 times the activity.. same design, with flat room with forklift guys. i believe ups also does ltl.

i totally understand they do alot of parcel. i been to plenty of their hubs with all those machines inside moving parcel packages. this location i was speaking of has flat room with docks and forklifts inside moving the same looking kind of ltl freight as other similar ltl companies next door.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  7. Widowmaker9172

Widowmaker9172 Light Load Member

Jun 1, 2016
    Illinois
    I am currently with Welfare Express. I do have another job offer that I have been in contact with. No east coast. From what I read of the prior comments, I may have other opportunities as well.

8. Metal cowboy

Metal cowboy Light Load Member

Aug 21, 2019
    JB look up Magnum Ltd, They are by far the best company I've had the pleasure of going through through recruiting and everything. Im from murfreesboro Tn, slept in my car 17 days and almost went to western, Got there with $20 in my tank, they didnt have me a room. I sucked it up and went back to my parents house. this was july 17th. I got a tip about Magnum, I spoke to tony this last thursday, They spent $500.00 on american airline tickets to fly me to fargo north dakota from nashville, I got my tickets today, Spoke to my trainer for 2 hours yesterday over the phone, and Hr to do my background, I'm scheduled to fly this sunday and start a 4 day orientation that ends thursday, breakfast, lunch paid. Hotel not a motel paid, Paid $475 for orientation, paid $85 per day with trainer 85x7.
    We get Peterbilt 579s with fridge, microwave, apu's... check out Magnum Ltd, They will change your life.
    Average miles 2,500-3,000+ .40cpm with mileage bonuses that can make you hit .50cpm...

Itsbrokeagain and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  9. Just trying

Just trying Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2019
    I’m a western Flatbed driver and it’s not that bad once you get the couple months of experience in. It’s almost like they test you after your training is up and you get by yourself. After my month training, I was on a bs Home Depot load acct for a min and then they started given me much better loads with good mileage. You got too continue too fight through the BS, pick your loads up on time and deliver them on time and secure it to the best. That shows your DM they can trust you and eventually they will take care of you. I do regional and I’m home Friday afternoon or Saturday morning every weekend for my 34, with a load to deliver Monday morning. I’m not saying it’s a keeper company but for rookies and jumpin bacc with no where else to go it’s average. I was ready to give up just like you in the beginning but I stuck with it and I’m a little more satisfied but it’s what I expected. I learned a lot from my trainer how to secure coils, sheet rock, lumber, shingles, etc. I learned a lot on my own and other drivers on YouTube and now I’m a decent flatbed driver. 1500 miles or 5 loads gets you 900 gross anything over 1500 miles is 50cpm. So 2100 miles got me 1000 dollars after tax and 2400 miles got me 1100 after tax. Pretty decent for a driver with less than a year experience. And that’s just for flatbed I do not know nothing bout dry van. The only negative I can say is; the international trucks they have breaks down in weeks I ran through my first two, when getting assigned to a truck ask for a freight shaker, it’s not the top of the line but it’ll keep you on the road longer. Everything else come with the truck game as a newbie, bs DM, bs loads, bs trucks, bs equipment. Don’t give up too soon!

10. RoadCall

RoadCall Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2012
    @Just trying ... good attitude driver!
    You will be making serious money soon enough, put in your time and you will have your choice of jobs. Nice to see someone that gets it!

FlaSwampRat and Voodoo Pyg Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.