Western Express Sucks

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by grizzle, Feb 14, 2018.

1. grizzle

grizzle Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2018
    O.K I tried Western Express for a little bit of time both as a company driver and flatbed lease purchase operator and it was a miserable experience.
    All around ( in my opinion) recruiters make Western seem like a fair and honest company who cares about it's drivers and their needs and I did not see that. The hotel Western Express puts Drivers at in Nashville is a run down dump. The orientation is a bunch lectures and flatbed training was a joke. The instructor I had was lazy and never started training on time and did not cover tarping a load.
    Flatbed lease purchase dispatch treated me like crap and like I was a company slave.
    I had an injury tarping a load and could not get a hold of anyone in dispatch immediately and when I did get a hold of dispatch the next day the dispatcher wanted to know if I got the load tarped ( which I did). I ended not be able to work for a week due to restrictions I was on ( I could drive just no heavy lifting) and my dispatcher threatened to come get my truck and charge me $1000.00. I finally managed to get a load I did not have to tarp back to Nashville ( and I had to fight with Safety to get that) and I turned my truck in. Western Express still owes me _. It has been about a month and they go I have to wait 45 days once I cancel my lease to get my $. They go to me they have to do an audit. That's bull!!!
    The ONLY good thing about Western was I got seat time behind the wheel.

baha Thanks this.
  2. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    All bigger companies are the same crap on a different day. All elog now. All about the bottom line. No regard for driver. If you have less than 6months exp, your in a tough spot, you will be looking hard to get hired. Best wishes.

3. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    The great state of TN
    I never think trying lease purchase is a good idea. I think it's an even worse idea if a driver is inexperienced or lacks knowledge of the industry. Lease purchase is more like "lose purchase."

4. Father Dirt

Father Dirt Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2018
    I hear that I have be in Allentown Pa.waiting on a truck for three weeks now heading home this place is insane...

Woodchuck88 Thanks this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted