Western Express

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by MGE Dawn, Nov 21, 2019.

1. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    I don't think he could be trusted. Nothing against him but a man has his limits.

Dave_in_AZ, Vic Firth and Lonesome Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckerOllie

TruckerOllie Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2011
    Hagerstown MD
    A friend of mine who drove for Dot Foods had a heart attack while on the road. Dispatch kept calling him to see if he could deliver the load. He told them he had to go to the hospital.

4. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    Bottom feeder OTR outfits have you over a barrel knowing you don’t have the experience to go get a local job quite yet, and you are basically held captive living in their truck far away from home so you will get abused by a-holes and scmucks that do not care at all. They know it is on you and not them if they can coerce you into breaking the rules on their behalf. Even road companies that are smaller and more family like most of the time will try this crap. I got pissed off enough to quit one time under dispatch for this smaller outfit out of Mass called Regency Transportation. Drove the truck and load back to their terminal and took the commuter train into Boston to catch a bus home to NY. Couldn’t believe these clowns and really should have reported them to the DOT/FMCSA now that I think about it. Nowadays I am wary to go too far away from home in a company truck. Not worth it.

5. Fistfullofdollars

Fistfullofdollars Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2020
    This is a ########## comment. I read the OP's 1st comment. He said he couldnt keep the truck in the lane. I dont care how it looks or not. I wouldnt want that guy on the road until he is tiptop. Find a rest area and shut it down for the night. If the company REALLY needs it delivered then they can repower it up with another driver close by.
    Why risk killing someone or himself if he cant keep the truck in the lane because he doesnt want to appear to be "lazy". Screw that, what are they going to say when you die behind the wheel? Nothing at all.
    Most of the comments I read on here are by self righteous blowhards thats why I hadnt bothered joining until today. Its a good thing this is the internet because in real life I would learn a foreign language just to never talk to most of you guys.

bryan21384 and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  6. Fistfullofdollars

Fistfullofdollars Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2020
    Doesnt matter. Everyone has their own objectives. Some people want to drive for 100 years others dont. Some dont want to be away from their children or wife or home or lifestyle. Some switch to local driving instead of OTR, some get a government job with Sanitation or the Highway Department(class A and B and home every day).

Washout and turnover isnt the same thing. Even the circumstances arent the same. The rest of your comment sounded like a personal bias toward being a nonconfrontational slave in this job. "All your companies were horrible but you have a good work history with them." That sounds horrible to me. Sounds like Toil.

MGE Dawn Thanks this.
  7. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    MGE Dawn Thanks this.
  8. MGE Dawn

MGE Dawn Road Train Member

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    Possibly. I'm looking into enlisting in the Army, with an MOS of 88M. Literally the exact same job

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  9. jdimes

jdimes Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2011
    somewhere, usa
    Heading to Ft Leonard Wood where I took basic training many moons ago , used to see the convoy’s of trucks during road marches~one thing I do remember is you’re definitely lost in the woods lol

mjd4277, MGE Dawn and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  10. MGE Dawn

MGE Dawn Road Train Member

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    Give me a map and a compass, and I could find my way. My 21 badges and a project will serve me well, I reckon

11. jdimes

jdimes Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2011
    somewhere, usa
    That’s just a play on words we used to call it FT Lost in the Woods because the post is so far out in Missouri lol

MGE Dawn Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.