Western express!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Blessed41, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Blessed41

Blessed41 Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2013
    MY HUSBAND HAS BEEN A FLATBED DRIVER FOR WESTERN EXPRESS FOR THREE WEEKS NOW, AND THE TWO PAYSTUBS ALWAYS SHOW EXP.REIMB, IN WHICH I HAVE PROOF THROUGH THE EMAILS FROM WESTERN EXPRESS, AND MY HUSBAND ONLY GOT ONE ADVANCE IN THE AMOUNT OF $50.00, NEVER $ 419.00 WHICH WESTERN EXPRESS IS CLAIMING! WHILE IN ORIENTATION MY HUSBAND ATE TWO SLICES OF COLD PIZZA, GOOD THING HE HAD A NICE ROOMMATE, MY HUSBAND DROVE EACH DAY OVER 600 MILES AT 30 CENTS MPM, WESTERN EXPRESS CHEATED HIM OF HIS MILES, ONLY GAVE HIM 1,661 MILES, HE DROVE 1,800 MILES A LITTLE OVER THAT, MY HUSBAND HAS HIS OWN GPS AND I ALWAYS KEEP UP WITH HIS MILES TO THROUGH GOOGLE MAPS, EACH TIME HE MAKES A DELIVERY FROM GOING TO COMING HE AND I CACULATE HIS MILIAGE OVER THE PHONE. THESE FALSE CLAIMS OF WESTERN EXPRESS ARE TOTALLY REDICULOUS! AND OTHER DRIVERS THINKING OF WORKING FOR WESTERN EXPRESS NEEDS TO BEAWARE! WHEN RECRUITORS CALL YOUR PHONE TELL THEM TO SEND SOMETHING IN WRITING FROM THE TRUCKING COMPANY STATING YOU WILL GET PAID THE AMOUNT IN WHICH THE RECRUITOR CLAIMS, BECAUSE THE RECRUITOR LIED TO MY HUSBAND AND TOLD HIM THAT HE WOULD MAKE $1,200 PER WEEK IN FLATBED DRIVING, EVEN AFTER TAXES. PLEASE TAKE MY ADVICE, GET IT FROM THE HORSES MOUTH BEFORE BECOMING A SLAVE FOR ANY TRUCKING COMPANY LIKE WESTERN EXPRESS, (THEY PLAY FAVORITISM AND RACE) SCHNEIDER NATIONAL, (DONOT GIVE THE MILES THEY PROMISE AND DEFENDS THEIR NEW ACCOUNTS OVER DRIVERS) SHORELINE, (LITTLE PAY THEY PLAY FAVORITISM AND RACE) ROADFREIGHT, ( A BLACK MAN PAYS LITTLE CASH MONEY AND PUT YOU IN A RAGEDY TRUCK, HE IS STATIONED OUT OF INDIANAPOLIS INDIANA BUT HAVE HIS DATING MATE RECRUTING GIRL OUT OF ATLANTA PICK UP THE DRIVER BY CAR), CARROLL FULMER, (AGE DISCRIMINATION) CR ENGLAND, (DONOT PAY WELL) THERE SHOULD BE AN EMPLOYMENT LAW FOR TRUCK DRIVERS GETTING MISTREATED THIS WAY!:biggrin_2553:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Menehune

Menehune Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Somewhow I get the feeling that there might be more to this story. First off all hearsay from a wife at home. What is the husbands story, and the companies? Realizing some companies are terrible, where is the specifics and proof.

4. drozzer69

drozzer69 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Spring, TX
    I am sure Western Express is using the same mileage program as most companies. They calculate zip to zip miles, not actual miles driven. It is for the most part 10% difference. As far as reimbursements, sounds like they are charging him for orientation and hotel stay. just my guess.

5. flyingmusician

flyingmusician Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NC
    Yeah surely if 14 years is correct for him you already know driven miles aren't paid miles. Or that W/E wasn't a place to go. Or recruiters bs games to get you in the door. But then again, given your list of companies, maybe not. Or maybe the wife at home isn't getting the whole story from the road. Or all of the above.

6. Blessed41

Blessed41 Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2013
    From Blessed41. Hi there Menehune and FlyingMusician, first and foremost, my story is my husbands story. Lies was told to him and I have heard every conversation that my husband have with recruiters, I receive each of his paystubs through my email each week. And if these companies charge for a motel stay they should have recruiters tell drivers all these things. And flyingmusician, there is no story from the road, never knew roads could talk and yes my husband has been in the truck driving business over 14 years. No driver knows how a company will treat them until they see for themselves. Other drivers left western express here lately due to their lies and nasty dispatch! before long no one will even have a job due to this screwed up economy, not even you flyingmusician.

7. Blessed41

Blessed41 Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2013
    The proof is my husband worked for all the companies listed except for two, in which men told him about the two companies that they have worked at before. My husband do not lie to me, has always been faithful to me like I am to him. We never keep nothing from each other and whatever he knows about his job, I know, he tells me everything. So it is not HEARSAY from a wife at home, FACTS are what count and that is what I have stated FACTS ABOUT NO GOOD TRUCKING COMPANIES!

8. flyingmusician

flyingmusician Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NC
    Well with 14 years in he knew better than go there. He should be able to write his own ticket with that much time in the seat unless there have been some real screwups along the way. W/E and those other companies don't always show up in the 'bad' section and only rarely in the 'good' section by accident. Even with only 22 months in even I know ( and knew ) that. And he has 14 years in? Clearly there's more to the story and/or he should have known better. I made .35 with a bonus to .42 in the northeast my first year. I did my homework and didn't go with one of these bottom feeders right out of the gate. With that much time in he should be doing WAY better than me but clearly isn't. Sorry for how things are turning out for him but this company shows up time after time in the bad section for a reason. He should be trying for a smaller company where his experience would
    mean something instead of a bottom feeder where he's just a truck number. Good luck to you both and I hope things turn around for you. It won't as long as hr stays there. and while I appreciate your concern for my continued employment in this economy, i'll do just fine. my company is small, established and has a strong freight and customer base.....regardless of that, we're not all broke and living on the edge......I have multiple real estate holdings and do this because I enjoy it and because I want to, not because I have to. again, good luck to you both.....there ARE good jobs out there, they just aren't at the usual suspects. you have to think out of the box and NOT go with one of these bigger companies.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  9. Blessed41

Blessed41 Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2013
    flyingmusician, there are drivers who have been in the trucking business for over 20 years and having the same problems. It is fair to say that you knew better for going to jobs that have done you wrong in the past, and if you can tell me that none of your Employer's have never done you wrong or you never disliked one Employer for something, you would be a lie. I wish you well as well, my husband is very educated with a college degree, he do not have to put up with it, he called me not to long ago to tell me he got two new job offers. However he and I are deciding to go into our own business, it will not be a trucking business though. He have connections with some good folks. God Bless

10. sharp.dressed.man

sharp.dressed.man Heavy Load Member

Dec 10, 2011
    IL
    Consistently making 1200 take home a week at any of the big carriers for a solo driver who isn't training is extremely unlikely. Most companies tell you right on the dispatch how many miles they are going to pay on that particular assignment. I will drive an extra 40 or 50 miles to stay on the interstate when possible. Maybe your husband is doing the same thing? A company won't pay for those extra miles, but as long as the extra miles don't exceed a certain threshold the company won't say anything either.

Good luck to y'all.

exACT driver Thanks this.
  11. Blessed41

Blessed41 Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Thanks sharp.dressed.man haha. My husband found out from some co-workers today, that they was screwed out of pay and their miles as well. Myself and my husband tried to contact payroll to find out why EXP. REIMB is taking out of his checks, no one return his call nor answered emails, that tells a whole lot. My husband said he never signed no paper stating that he had to pay for motel expenses or nothing as such, nor did anyone tell the drivers they had to pay for expenses during orientation. We are not worried though, God has us covered and God is not happy at all when hard workers get mistreated, we will rejoice with victory. God Bless, don't dress too sharp now LOL.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.