Western express!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Blessed41, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Jumbo

Jumbo Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    So if he was to make $1200.00 per week AFTER taxes, as you stated then wouldnt he have to run over 5000 miles a week at .30 a mile?

MUSTANGGT Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pes2

pes2 Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Monticello, Florida
    So lets see 14 yrs experience and pulling flatbed for .30/mi.???? Come on man!!!!!

4. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    Dear , get way quickly ! Best of luck on your new path ! Carriers that have a turn over rate above 100% , earned it ! Sorry he made a wrong turn ( it happens, it's life, happens to all of us). Learn for the mistake or it was a waste.

5. Blessed41

Blessed41 Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Thanks for replies guys and your concerns. My husband is leaving Western Express, because there is a truck driver that has been with western for two years and was angry about his pay check on yesterday. There was more drivers than my husband angry about their pay, and they are leaving western, again a great thanks to you all.

6. Jonrulerofearth

Jonrulerofearth Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Hueytown, Al
    14 years experience is strong. Why in the world would someone with that much experience go to a B.F.I. (Bottom Feeder Inc.)? WSX is a driver mill/B.F.I. There are two things that are decent about WSX, 1. they have decent equipment. Some of the old SMX trailers are a little rough, but over all, decent equipment. 2. WSX will hire "anyone", short of a fatality on there MVR. In other words, your MVR might be somewhat rough and a more upper tier carrier might not hire you at this time. Go to WSX for a while and work until the MVR gets cleaned up, then more on to a better company. BTW, WSX now makes new employees pay for their orientation. Good luck to both of you.

7. vhughes

vhughes Medium Load Member

Aug 13, 2012
    alabama
    i Know two drivers that hav driven for them and they said some of the same stuff

8. muledriver

muledriver Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Thirty cents a mile you would have to run hard to make 900 gross . My company is a mega carrier and on my account they start at 44 a mile and move you to 46 after 6 months that's the type of pay range you need to look for to make 1200 a week .

9. MUSTANGGT

MUSTANGGT Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Georgia
    Exactly. I already did the math before I got to your post.

10. Jumbo

Jumbo Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    She was wanting 1200.00 net so the gross would have to be higher.

11. Jumbo

Jumbo Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    It is amazing that people in this day and age will take a recruiters word and not even run the simple math themselves

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.