Western Express

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Widowmaker9172, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Rubicon

Rubicon Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2015
    Screenshot_20181123-123401_Chrome.jpg

Me either.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rubicon

Jun 27, 2015

Keep up the good work, bro. May your paths be safe, happy, and prosperous.

otterinthewater Thanks this.
  4. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    This is a fair appraisal. As a beginner company, to get some experience under your belt, they're probably viable. As are Swift, Werner, CR England, Schneider, and JB Hunt. Mega carriers are going to be mega carriers.

Get some time in, and get a job where you make what you're currently making or more, and you are home every day. That's the dream.

Rubicon and otterinthewater Thank this.
  5. Rubicon

Jun 27, 2015

Yep, that's definitely what guys probably try to aim for after waiting in line 7 hours and waking up somewhere with no coffee or crapper after a 20 hour day working during the off duty or being stuck behind a fatality for cpm. They love it, miss it, but many times don't want to keep it up. One thing I'd like to see more of is a guy like most of you start a private trucking school or give private lessons for good cash. Give some real training and pass along extremely valuable tricks. Get some old truck and trailer and charge 1, 2, 3 k and advertise and explain why you are so much better than a trucking school. Do backing for hours, show him how to laugh when he's cut off, how to make money, fix ####, parking ideas, be comfortable, etc. It's something badly needed. 13 guys on a truck you don't learn anything, your trainer wanting to make money doesn't give you everything you need really.

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  6. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    I can honestly say I didn't know much about truck driving until I did teaming at Yellow Freight. Those guys were some of the most knowledgeable drivers I've ever had the honor to learn from.

My teaming days are over, and my road days are over. But ####, was that a valuable experience.

REO6205, otterinthewater and Rubicon Thank this.
  7. Tombstone69

Tombstone69 Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Jersey shore
  8. Tombstone69

Tombstone69 Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Jersey shore
    Been offered a job with WE,drop and hook loads,NE regional,DC WM, 800 to1100wk.,salaried,4 to 5 days,2 day's home,fairy tale?After everything I've read,sure sounds like it.

jeff18 Thanks this.
  9. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
  10. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    If my DM with WE told me that I’d believe him. He’s been straight up with me.

Rubicon Thanks this.
  11. Rubicon

Jun 27, 2015
    I had a DM there that ran me well- to the limits and beyond. We had an affinity for greed. He left for Texas dedicated routes and I got 2 new guys dms. I cussed, yelled, and sat in AZ, TX, NM days at a time. Went to the terminal and looked around carefully in Nashville. Talked with other guys. Some dms are great and some are so so. That makes all the difference for sure who the dm is. Trainers it doesn't matter who the dm is. The planners have runs for the trainers and they run.

mjd4277 and otterinthewater Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.