WESTERN FLYER EXPRESS

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by dldickerson62, May 10, 2017.

1. jakebrake58

jakebrake58 Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Orange Park, Florida
    Okay so you said you were out one and a half months and couldn't get home and you had a family emergency? So you worked for 6 weeks and never got paid? Even after you quit? That sounds like a lot of hogwash to me....

Thetommy6470 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jakebrake58

jakebrake58 Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Orange Park, Florida
    I have done a handful of lease purchase programs and was successful at all of them. Granted it is NOT the money you make if you are purchasing a truck on your own or hauling your own freight with your on authority. But if you know how to run, know how to purchase fuel, there is no reason why you can't succeed. I've always been a high revenue lease and owner operator and what I mean is high miles and I did what was necessary with booked loads to make sure I was making what I wanted. Whether or not you are leasing or you own your own equipment you have to work at making sure your revenue makes sense. If you aren't managing your business revenue then you might as well get back in a company truck. Obviously lease purchase plans don't work if the company you lease to isn't giving you adequate freight an miles. BUT...if you are running reefer then guess what Cochise, the money and the miles is out west and northwest. If you cant stand to go to California and the Pacific Northwest and expect to just run the gravy train highways south and southeast then good luck.

r68dove Thanks this.
  4. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    Who are you talking to , nobody has been on this tread since Dec. 2017

5. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Is this just Western Express with a revamped name?

Crusader66 Thanks this.
  6. Crusader66

Crusader66 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2016
  7. Cookie931

Cookie931 Light Load Member

Nov 3, 2017
    Iam planning on going to wfx here soon and will be a lease contractor. I’ve done lease before and the math numbers I have crunched on my own so will be able to give a new view on the company and their operations. Hopefully it is not a revamped western express but all of my research says it not to be. As long as their honest with what was said I feel this should be a good fit. But we shall see. Just sharing in case someone wants to know

r68dove, CT-Driver860 and Lonesome Thank this.
  8. Stinky Dairy Air

Stinky Dairy Air Light Load Member

Apr 18, 2014
    Midwest
    Good luck to ya.

9. OilBoomDreamer

OilBoomDreamer Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2018
  10. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    I think you need to take a few arithmetic classes and then check those numbers again.
    Just the fact that they have you pay them approximately 13.000 for a warranty should tell you everything you need to know.

11. Veteran driver

Veteran driver Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    De Moines. IA
    “Everybody has a plan till they get punched in the face” — Mike Tyson

What mpg average are you using in your number crunching? 6 ?

Just be prepared to haul lots of heavy freigh and use a 5.5 mpg average.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.