westside transport

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by cash21, Apr 19, 2013.

1. cash21

cash21 Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Jack I am very happy with them! They def keep you moving! The equipment is very nice I didn't think I'd like an automatic but I'll tell ya it's really nice in stop and go traffic... If you have any questions you can pm me... Or if you call them talk to Justin and tell him I sent ya

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cash21

cash21 Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Got home for the weekend sat morning and leave out Monday morning for Indiana...so far I have nothing but positive things to say! They def kept me moving last week hopefully that continues this wweek

4. sharp.dressed.man

sharp.dressed.man Heavy Load Member

Dec 10, 2011
    IL
    What states have you been running in so far? What speed do they base dispatch on? What is your miles per day average?

5. cash21

cash21 Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2013
    So far I have been to Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky...I seldom have to wait between runs usually I know where I am going before I finish my current run! The best part is that most of the places I go have been drop and hook and that really keeps your wheels turning! I would say my miles per day would average between 400-500..

6. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    It started out good until the company restructured. "They" destroying my DAC was more like one person with an attitude which I really can't say on here but his initials are JH. You'll know when you cross paths with him if he is still there. All I done was when they changed me to short runs my miles dropped to 1500-1700 week for a couple months. My dispatcher was also fired and I got on the senior dispatcher's board who I didn't care for. I silently called him Mr. Personality because he had none, lol. But anyways I called him on the phone and professionally had a discussion about getting my miles up. He got mad out of the blue and said "if you don't like it quit". I was sitting at a truckstop empty at the time. I told him "okay bring me in, I'm quitting". He got me a load going back to IA and told me to drop it on the yard which I done and cleaned the truck out and turned the keys and bills in. The load was nothing but a relay which their local drivers deliver. They done that all the time. I took a bus to Rockford and had my ex meet me there.

I thought everything was cool. I didn't think about it but I applied to WEL company and that was the first trucking job I didn't get right after applying but they did call me a year later and offered me a job. It wasn't until a couple years later I checked my DAC and WST trashed it. I immediately disputed it and won. One thing I've never done was quit a job mad and been vindictive. All it takes is one or two dispatchers to make a company look bad. Maybe that was the case but I wasn't living on the road for small checks.

It sounds like cash21 is happy but he is also looking for referrals which the forum doesn't allow which kind of puts a dent in his reviews. Recruiters paint good pictures too when they want money. I've worked at a lot of companies and this is one of the few I didn't like. It's up to you. Companies can change and some do. Many don't. Would I work for them again? Hell no! :)

You would do better out of IL. I had a hard time getting home to TN at the time because all they had was a paper load run down here. In fact the reason I signed on with them was I knew I was moving to IL at the time plus the 42 cpm sounded good. But with higher pay comes less miles if they don't drop too far it's okay. I prefer long haul anyday. If cash21 is drop/hooking they have changed their ways because unless I got a load off the yard I was doing all live load/unloads.

7. cash21

cash21 Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2013
    I was unaware of the referral policy here...I don't want anyone to think I'm saying what I'm saying to get referrals so if you decide to come to west side don't mention my name...however I will keep posting my experience with then so drivers can decide if this sounds like a company they'd like to be apart of...to condos point there is a lot of short runs however as long as I get my miles it doesn't matter to me how and they do have short mileage pay as well so its not bad..

8. cash21

cash21 Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2013
    I am definitely staying busy! I am consistently getting new loads before I finish my current run! I couldn't be happier with west side! last week I was home Friday afternoon and left out Monday morning so far the home time is what they told me it would be....another thing I really like about west side is while driving if you see another west side driver more times then not they will wave you really get a feel like you are part of a team

9. beerslave

beerslave Light Load Member

Jun 30, 2012
    Let me tell you all a little about Westside. I was there six months until I was diagnosed with cancer. It was nothing that major and the doctor told me I could continue to work during chemo. When I told Westside about it, TERMINATION!!! Turns out, they are self-insured for medical and came right out and told me that was the reason for my termination was to keep me off their insurance. Well, I then filed a complaint with the EEOC and their story changed real quick. Their new story was that I quit and they owed me nothing. Really? Who gets diagnosed with cancer then quits his job to have no medical insurance? Over the last few years, I've run across other former driver that had similar experiences with them so don't fool yourself and don't get sick working for these idiots.

10. beerslave

beerslave Light Load Member

Jun 30, 2012
    Oh, and FYI, I was only getting 1500-2200 miles a week while I was there.

11. little bones

little bones Bobtail Member

Jul 13, 2013
    hey, cash21..i newby to the game..im suppose to start monday. my question is? what kind of drug test! are these people cutting my hair..because i did the fool in december,an took two pulls on. my urine is clean.i refuse to mess up my dac on some hair. the devil was.tryn me,.i pray everyday,read.my bible. i need this job..fresh out of school

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.