WFX Logistics Does Not Pay

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Ginaswork, Apr 22, 2022.

1. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Everyone has their own way of doing things, but the way I see it is that you’re giving them a interest free loan.
    If that’s your thing, then I will be glad to hang onto your cash,instead of some random broker o_O

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    To each their own . Usually the check is in the mail. A quick phone call or email usually will confirm. If you start calling on a bond after day 31, you will usually just tick off allot of people. If the check is in the mail and I get the funds on day 35. No big deal. If I was that tight on funds that I have to call on a bond on 31 days, I would have to be broke.

shanman Thanks this.
  4. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    I get what you're saying, but it's a NET 30. You don't mail the check to your electric company on the due date. You mail it early enough so it gets to them before the due date. If you hauled the load on time, I see no reason to wait to be paid on time. It's about respect.

If they're too broke to pay, and they have to wait for the customer to pay before they can pay the trucker, then maybe they shouldn't be in business either. Works both ways.

I just believe they'd pay on time if they actually gave AF about the guys that move the freight. I've only had two issues so far. One time, the post office actually did lose the check, because the original showed up like four months later. But the other time, they tried to pull some "We pay in 30 - 45 days" BS. I told them to show me in my signed carrier agreement where it said that, or show me proof the check is mailed, and you have 30 minutes to get that done, or I'm calling your insurance company. This happened on day 31 when I was just doing a courtesy check on payment. If I hadn't got in touch with them, who knows when they would have mailed it. They clearly weren't in a hurry.

5. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    I don't know what most do. I forgot to include the word "start" to file.
    I picked up and delivered the freight on the agreed dates and times described in the rate confirmation.
    I call the broker or email to confirm receipt of the paperwork to process my pay the day after delivery. About a week later I call to confirm date of pay.

One day past the agreed pay date, I call the bond holder and get the application to file on the bond. If that is 21, 31 or 46 days. Calling for application gets the brokers attention and they pay in a couple days. All emails I send to broker and bond company. All but 2 times have I not been paid. Both are because the broker filed bankrupt. Both I waited too long and accepted brokers excuses for not paying.

For me it's not about being broke or tight on money. I expect the broker to honor their word given to me to pay, as I gave them to do my job. My job is done, I expect the payment when promised.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2022
  6. merv85

merv85 Light Load Member

Mar 24, 2020
    Dallas, Tx
    Call on the bond, in the event the broker files for bankruptcy you will be in line ahead for the funds.

ProfessionalNoticer Thanks this.
  7. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    LOL, they called me this morning!

God prefers Diesels Thanks this.
  8. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    I do if their AP doesn't have a check number or remittance for me by the end of business day number 31.

9. Mccraytransportationllc

Mccraytransportationllc Bobtail Member

Oct 30, 2023
    Just wondering how long this took to be paid or if it ever was?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.