What a Rough week

Discussion in 'Watkins & Shepard' started by Greg20d, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Greg20d

Greg20d Light Load Member

Aug 21, 2011
    stockton,Ca.
    After i get a bunch of stuff stolen , then I get to my customer and no app.
    so I sit almost 24 hrs get a new load 4 hrs after i drop, then cant deliver till monday (I sat all day sat,sun) qcom mt and avail and not enpough freight to get a load today
    I think its time to look for another job
    Im soooo hot right now:biggrin_25510:

who do I need to talk to about this i dont want to leave but feel screwd

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Everett

Everett Crusty Shorts, What???

Oct 20, 2009
    Hampton,Ia
    Well thats sucks your truck got broken into, but the rest well that just trucking, i look at other way too relaxe , do laundry , go to wall mart stock up ect on this time off, becuse there will days , were you be running hard and no time too stop and do those things.

4. hup

hup Medium Load Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Missoula, MT
    Ya it happens... 2 weeks ago I delivered on Mon in middle of nowhere WY, no freight.. though I watched flatbeds driving by me for 1.5 days... I finally got out of there on Wed. End up delivering on A Fri. Got a load, but it was cancelled. Sat all Weekend. Monday.. got a load finally.. delivered Thursday in SLC. Sat until Monday. (Which is the longest I ever sat, and I probably wouldn't have sat that long, but I needed a load back to Missoula ASAP for some personal stuff.)

Anyway... still avg'd 2500 miles/week. Not great, but I can get by on that.. Huh, maybe nevermind. Maybe I need a new job too.

5. American-Trucker

American-Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Charlotte, North Carolina

where was your truck that your stuff got stolen? at a terminal? if thats the case you need to go see the terminal manager...

As far as miles, im not sure how you run, log, or how much you talk to dispatch, or where your running. But I didnt mesh with whats her face in SFS dispacher, and now you have SH2 out west, i never delt with him out there, but if you go talk to him in person and tell him what you want he'll make it happen everytime. Miles/freight out west for W/S is hit or miss, the best advice i can give you is be a PIA if your sitting or waiting, keep calling/qc messageing WHERES MY LOAD!?!!?!?!?! If your still not getting miles, go to Missoula and talk to someone, tell them whats up and explain $50/day aint cutting it, and they need to do something or they're gonna lose you, and they'll take care of ya.

Also dont even think about leaving until you have your 1 yr in, you will most likely regret it if you leave. Once you get a yr OTR you'll have better options, if you leave now you'll have a bunch of sheety options lol

American Trucker

Everett Thanks this.
  6. walstib

walstib Darkstar

Do you go all over or do you try to stay out west?...If all over, ask to go east as Dalton and Conover are booming as always....Heck, even Myrtle...Then when you need to go home, go to Conover and ask for west coast run...Just a thought...

7. American-Trucker

Nov 8, 2009

We got a nice shiny newish (2007 or newer) 379 with your name on it, .40cpm-.50cpm :biggrin_25525:

American Trucker

8. the flying scotsman

the flying scotsman Medium Load Member

Jul 28, 2010
    Portland, OR
    I agree with both these comments, personally i have only been east of denver three times since i started with them, twice because i asked to go east.

I try to stay out west in the I-90/15/5 triangle, utilize EVERY 15mins on my logbook and be proactive in getting preloaded, i dont wait for sending my 11, as well as my check calls ill send a message letting them know exactly when ill be gettin unloaded, and what i can do with the hours i have..

9/10 it keeps me moving...1/10 it SUCKS!! :biggrin_2559:

9. American-Trucker

Nov 8, 2009

Dont forget when you run out of hours, that book goes under your bed, and you pull out a new one :biggrin_25525:

American Trucker

10. hup

hup Medium Load Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Missoula, MT
    Ooo, nice. Too hot for me down there, and I'd miss my chains and frozen tarps. :biggrin_25523:

walstib and American-Trucker Thank this.
  11. the flying scotsman

the flying scotsman Medium Load Member

Jul 28, 2010
    Portland, OR

book number 1, 2, or 3??:biggrin_2559:

Greg20d and American-Trucker Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.