What are your load preferences?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by RandomChick, May 27, 2014.

1. rockyroad74

rockyroad74 Heavy Load Member

It doesn't matter if your equipment is paid for or not. We must still pay ourselves back the cash we took out of our account to buy the equipment, plus the interest on that capital will it was tied up in holding equipment rather than earning interest or income.

There is no such thing as free money. It always has cost or value that should be accounted for, not ignored so you may justify operating for cheaper rates. That's a fantasy, to ignore this.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nightgunner

nightgunner Road Train Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    This is the first time in a very long time I've seen anyone get upset because someone else is happy. I cannot even imagine going through life and being that miserable all the time. I truly hope things get better for you.

4. rockyroad74

rockyroad74 Heavy Load Member

Upset? I don't see where you got that. This is about being profitable. This is about proper accounting of finance to prevent surprises down the road, because not all costs are realized immediately, like fuel.

5. truckergalchi

truckergalchi Bobtail Member

Jul 22, 2014
    How much success have you had in calculating the amount of time you spend on certain loads? For different customers, lanes etc? Have you ever calculated it?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.