What Can be said About Swift

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Palmetto_Cowboy, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Palmetto_Cowboy

Palmetto_Cowboy Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2016
    South Carolina
    We all know they good and the bad about Swift but i'mma guy with no kids no bills besides A car payment and a cell phone I'm almost options for getting my CDL so I'm thinking about Swift, so I was wondering if someone call tell me things about them besides the bad things we've heard I want to kno about the orientation process, training/riding with a mentor (how many miles foes it last) What happens you get you truck, miles weekly and hometime, benefits etc. All advice is excepted

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bigrayon

Bigrayon Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2015
    Good luck with that not two meny good news here you may better with prime

4. Smut

Smut Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2017
    Houston
    A lot of drivers #### on Swift and say this and that but Swift isn't a bad place. Orientation is about 3 days long and you have to log 200 hours of drive time and complete 40 backs to finish training. Riding with a mentor can take anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks to compete, which isn't that long. Once you are upgraded to a solo driver they start anywhere from .36 - .38 cents per mile and can expect 2500 miles on average every week. I would recommend watching the youtuber Dread Pirate Trucker, he has paycheck vids along with some good information on Swift.

jakesaw91 and morpheus Thank this.
  5. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Roehl pays for CDL and better

tscottme and Bigrayon Thank this.
  6. Bigrayon

Bigrayon Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2015
    I don't know two much about because I never to school like most but then again I have been doing it for over 25 years know so that is why I said he may be better with prime because I friends that went to prime and I was told that they did OK I know with prime they let you move your truck like pumpkin

7. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    There's only been one truck that's hit mine so far and it's been a swift.

Not sure what that says.

Seems relevant. Gonna post it

TROOPER to TRUCKER Thanks this.
  8. Palmetto_Cowboy

Sep 1, 2016
    South Carolina
    Prime called me yesterday actually I was very elated when I first got the call from the recruiter so she asked her about my experience and I told her that I previously learned how to drive with one of my jobs driving single autos on the yard and eventually learned how to drive 10 speeds but left that job because I wasn't being paid for hours worked , but got another job ,had got a new to drive jockey containers with logs around 70-80,000lbs , but got fired the day after Christmas after 20 mins on the clock over the phone because the I supposedly wasn't working , the recruiter tells me "oh we'll if you got fired from your last job we can't hire you" and hung up I was pisssed

9. Palmetto_Cowboy

Sep 1, 2016
    South Carolina
    Well it never hurts for guys to talk to vets to get better and learn how to be a better professional, Ive learned to drive from listening to the older guys and it helps

Bigrayon Thanks this.
  10. Palmetto_Cowboy

Sep 1, 2016
    South Carolina
    Theyre not hiring from my area tried them a few times

11. Palmetto_Cowboy

Sep 1, 2016
    South Carolina
    Thanks for the info do you know what's the average training pay and do you have a choice of training location you go to I know they have ones in TN and VA I'm from SC , and what's the home time like, and I've watched his videos on YouTube as we'll as ThaRightBrother and truckerbrown

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.