What dimensions are considered super loads?

Discussion in 'Heavy Haul Trucking Forum' started by Gunner75, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Heavy Hammer

Heavy Hammer Road Train Member

May 1, 2013
    In purgatory
    Depending on how much well you have in that trailer, if all 86' of load are gonna be in it, it's WILL TAKE FOREVER AND A WEEK TO TURN!!! if it's not steerable.
    Be careful, and take every inch you can.
    Plan, plan, plan...cause you can very easily get into something you can't get out of with that kind of length.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Here she is, overall length odds 86ft, 14 wide, 14 8 tall. 20171218_094446.jpg

BigBob410, kylefitzy, albert l and 2 others Thank this.
  4. cke

cke Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Colfax Wi
    Not as stretched out as far as I thought you’d be. Shouldn’t be too bad

BigBob410 and TripleSix Thank this.
  5. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    No I ended up getting the shorter of the two. The other tank is about 15 feet longer

BigBob410 and cke Thank this.
  6. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Gunner75 Thanks this.
  7. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    One more thing...

If you come up to a RRXX that has a stoplight nearby, send both pilots out to block for you if you need a good running start. If you need a cop, call the cops. They have no problems stopping all traffic.

And, you set the height pole with the pilot in the car. It will help you relax.

8. Airborne

Airborne Medium Load Member

Dec 7, 2016
    KY
    Well the time has finally come!!!!!
    I'm starting CDL school on the 8th of January, according to what I read here in front of me the total hours of the course is 600 hours. 120 hours classroom, 40 hours oilfield training, 112 hours yard and driving range instruction,48 hours road training, 280 hours externship where I go to a company of my choice and train with them. After all that training I can either stay with that company or go to another and train again and drive for them. This is their tier 1 CDL training at Great lakes CDL training, Now if thats not proper training then please tell me what is!!!!! This is the school I choose because of it training which I thought was only 200 hours but now I have to go another 400 hours and work with a company of my choice in their list of companies which is pretty good training altogether if ya ask me and no Swift is not on the list of companies to choose from nor would I choose them unless it was the only chance I could.Only after I complete all that training do I get my certificate of completion which to me says they are pretty good and no they are not paying me to say this!!!!!! According to what I was told yesterday the training with end around the 4th of April.
    To me this is good news seeing how my b-day is on the 10th, a birthday present for me. I've been working towards this point for just over 2 years now and couldn't be happier. I've put in a couple applications already for the externship and not sure what to do after that is done, stay with the company that gave me the opportunity for my OTR training or go to the smaller company that may be hiring me that I've been talking with November. Any advice from you guys is appreciated, thanks again for putting up with me for this long!!!!

9. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    600 hours is a hell of a long time.

Oxbow, cke and kylefitzy Thank this.
  10. Airborne

Airborne Medium Load Member

Dec 7, 2016
    KY
    Could be well worth it, guess I'Lloyd be finding out here shortly, Thanks for all the advise and knowledge fellas, gotta get stuff ready to scoot soon, merry Christmas and Happy new year gang!!!!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.