What do they do in US Xpress orientation?

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by basser, Jun 13, 2012.

1. basser

basser Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2010
    fayetteville pa.
    What all do they do in orientation such as road test ect.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. vinsanity

vinsanity Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2009
    South Florida
    There are a bunch of threads discussing orientation. It's a normal orientation. Road test, physical and waiting around to see if you are hired. They show you some videos while you wait...LOL

seawind Thanks this.
  4. wolf1678

wolf1678 Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2012
    do they do that sleep apnea bs? also did they convert to hair testing now?

5. HD_Renegade

HD_Renegade Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    Nope they don't

seawind Thanks this.
  6. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    I know they cull...........

:yes2557:

7. Hegemeister

Hegemeister Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    What do you mean by cull???????

8. vinsanity

vinsanity Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2009
    South Florida
    By "cull" he means he thinks they get more people then they need then weed them out after they get there.

seawind Thanks this.
  9. ATL-1

ATL-1 Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    we only lost two during the first day in my group, due to medical/physical issues.

10. ATL-1

ATL-1 Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Everyone else got hired also...

11. wolf1678

wolf1678 Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Yes they definitely weed people out just got home from there..first they are the most unorganized company ive ever seen....i was in colton,ca , all we did mostly was sit in the orientation room and stare at the wall and bs because only one person is running the show. then the doctor doing the physical is a joke all in its own...what physical lol... but yes they just ship as many ppl down there as possible and then start doing emplyment/medical verifications then. which should have been done before you even arrived.. for instance I got sent home because they could not verify that I worked for an O/O under swift for 9 months because swift told them to talk to O/O and since he was sitting right next to me because we were going to drive teams it confused them...long story but then they couldnt figure out that one of my jobs was an otr or local because the fax they got back from the company said I was a switcher driver( yard hostler)...out of 17 people they sent 7 packing back home because of the smallest dumb stuff that no one else would even consider..they were giving out trucks to ppl who only had a cdl for 6 months and not to ppl who have been driving for 10 or 20 years...us xpress was the worst orientation i ever went too and would tell you all to not waste your time because if you are not perfectly healthy( meaning no doctor notes) or if you cant get all your employment verified on the spot...then dont bother..like if you worked for smaller companys and they would be slow and dont answer all the questions correctly, then your automatically disqualified...those pricks just wastesd a week of my time and by the way you will not get any orientaition pay until you get hired and even then they only pay out 50 dollars a week until its all paid....honestly im kind of glad i didnt get on with them but its a real headache now that i gotta pick another company and go through the whole process again...pass the word along US XPRESS are complete morons

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.