What do truckers wear?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Bronco209, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Redlight

Redlight Bobtail Member

Dec 25, 2006
    I know the feeling when I left for school after the military, I looked at my clothes and had no idea what to wear. I still wish my company had unforms to wear.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    That's alright. Just go to WalMart and buy some Dickies outfits. You can get those in navy blue or tan. I prefer navy blue, they clean better.

4. k7aab

k7aab <strong>Sticking my nose in all the wrong places</

Jul 28, 2007
    Unless your comapny has a store to order shirts etc. Just going to buy a few shirts and khaki trousers , walla insta uniform.

Being at the truck stop in Texas today I am kinda liking the female uniform I have been seeing today. Next to nothing.:biggrin_25524:

5. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Uh oh...

Sounds like the lot lizard special...

6. k7aab

k7aab <strong>Sticking my nose in all the wrong places</

Jul 28, 2007
    what I thought till I seen em crawl into the driver seat and drive out.:biggrin_2555:

7. white dove

white dove Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2007
    KY Good Ole USA
    OK OK so i wear shorts once in awhile ...and guess what...sandals too...but so what. I do my job, do it well and isn't that what counts???
    Yes, i understand how some feel that truckers should dress a certain way, but i would prefer that ALL truckers took showers OFTEN LOL
    All joking aside, i always present myself in a professional manner when dealing with shippers and recievers. Hey atleast i don't wear my flannel jammie bottoms and drive with slippers lol
    white dove

8. buck and a half

buck and a half Mr. Miles & Miles with Many Smiles

Aug 11, 2006
    madison,me
    I too carry a pair of good steel toed boots,also handy on rainy days and snow weather,even though I pull a dry van. As far as shoes,if you have any trouble with your feet at all,the only shoes I ever wear now are Deer Stags,slip ons,They have two plastic inserts built into the soles that stop your feet from hurting.I have told my friends about these shoes and when they bought them,they could not thank me enough. Every one of them wear them now.My neighbor is the latest one,hesa big guy like me 6 1 or 2 and 320 plus lbs,no shoes were comfortable to him and his feet always hurt,he had even had special inserts made by a foot dr.,he loves the Deer Stags now too. All I can say is trying is believing and you won't be sorry.I use a chain drive wallet and put it in my left front pocket,never in your rear pockets,it will mess with your lower back over time reallly bad.I use Hanes cotton tee shirts with a pocket on them. A good confortable pair of pants,I wear blue uniform pants as they are coler than jeans. I wear jean type shorts,and in bed the reg shorter shorts,they are cool to wear and if some one hits your truck or messes with your fuel,you can jump out of the sleeper without taking the time to dress,these drivers will hit your truck and drive away real fast,unless you can react fast enough to get their number.Keep your glasses handy and a pen and paper near you when you sleep.if anything ever happens write info down and hide it out of site,it could solve a seriuos problem in an emergency or something as simple as a hit and run.Wear cotton socks,white they are cooler and will absorb more sweat.I also rely on a Screaming Meani alarm,all the truck stops have them and they are really loud.Over the years have seen and called police and ambulances for drivers that were choking,sick or a heart attack,if you had the time and needed the attention of someone to help you,you could lower your window and throw it out and that alarm will wakeup anyone,very good thought for an emergency,even if you are being assauled or robbed,they won't stick around,knowing a driver will catch and hold them until police came by.It is als a good idea to keep an icepick with you in the cab at a place only you know where it is,its a legal weapon to carry.Not trying to scare anyone as in my many years haven't had hardly any problems like this.

9. curtislyn

curtislyn Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Montgomery, AL
    I agree, you can be professional in t-shirt, shorts and flipflops....I do it everyday. :biggrin_25517:

10. MsSage

MsSage <strong>The Zoo Keeper</strong>

Jul 3, 2006
    NW Panhandle Texas
    I resemble that........I have bambie and thumper and eeyyor(how every you spell its name LOL) I dont have slippers well wait I guess you can call them slippers ...leather with a rubber sole fuzzy on the inside.......
    I will say, I ALWAYS look Cute and match all the way down..ok TMI for yall :biggrin_2554:
    Going into reciever I make sure I put on sneakers.....with what they are wearing I look good :biggrin_25513: The shipper LOL they know where I work on my 4 days out of the truck and dont care. But then when your dealing with same people every other day they know you and they know who gets the job done...clean trailer, on time delivery, on time pick up, willing to take a FULL load, not complaign about having to change whch plant you drop load at.
    plus it helps bring them pictures of the farm :biggrin_25520:

All the dress code is for everyone is be clean and neat ~ dont look like a bum off the street. TAKE PRIDE in yourself and the rest will fall in place.

11. bucksandducks

bucksandducks Medium Load Member

Mar 29, 2007
    WI
    nothing from the waist down while driving.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.