What do you all think?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by -MadMax-, Apr 21, 2012.

1. ramkatral

ramkatral Heavy Load Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Tryon, NC
    Man. Holy crap. I wouldn't give them another week. Start looking now. I make $300 in a day. They're keeping you in poverty. You don't have to put up with it. There's plenty of tanker jobs that will pay you well.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. -MadMax-

-MadMax- Light Load Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    I'm givin them another week because that's what I told em.
    BUT... I AM looking. I just got off the phone with a recruiter and he was talking to me about US Express.

Gone weekly. Pay? $700-$900 weekly.

Not to mention IF (strong, IF) I can find something else, I still have to give my current employer a 2wks notice.
    I also have to put in 3 months before I am eligible though to have enough "experience" to move on, ie, US Express.

4. ramkatral

Dec 27, 2010
    Tryon, NC
    US Xpress, just another rip off big company.

Logan76 Thanks this.
  5. -MadMax-

-MadMax- Light Load Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    May well be.
    Just got done reading the thread about them in "Report bad trucking companies".

WTF is up with this industry? OH, I get it actually... it's the typical Corp. Money grubbing, careless human slavery type of career.
    Just like ALL the rest of em. Careers. YOU (the worker, slave, robot) TRULY don't mean JS to em. A means to an end. YOUR end, as theirs fattens.

Work is like a pyramid scheme. Unless you work for yourself. Which I tried. Masonry. It's very hard to manage, public relations, bid jobs, and do the actual work, on your own.

But, then again, why be a kind hearted boss when the majority of people that are gonna work for ya will lie, cheat, steal, rip you off, as soon and easy as they can.

The world blows :) lol - one great big neon distraction. No hope for us. Like my drive to NYC yesterday out to Babylon (aptly named, btw) and the way those GD idiots drive in NYC make me ashamed. Make me feel like I'm sinning and have to ask for forgiveness for the way I'm driving when I go there.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  6. ramkatral

Dec 27, 2010
    Tryon, NC
    My company actually treats me fantastically. No complaints at all.

7. quitter

quitter Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2012
    San Juan Capistrano, ca
    Hey Max, Do you have the background or inclination to do law enforcement or fire? I have a couple of brothers who did that and they ended up making more money than about 95% of the truckers, worked fewer hours than about 95% of the truckers, and got a retirement pay that is better than about 100% of the truckers. I mention it because you were in the military. If you do, you need to make that career choice before the window of opportunity closes, the years go by and before you know it you are 35 and they won't take you.

8. ramkatral

Dec 27, 2010
    Tryon, NC
    Lol. I was a career firefighter. I didn't make near what I make now.

9. quitter

quitter Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2012
    San Juan Capistrano, ca
    I guess it all depends where you live. This is what I found on the Internet on Los Angeles, which more or less agrees with what I know my brothers were paid.
    "
    The average annual salary for Firefighters in Los Angeles-Long Beach-Glendale, California is about $95,000. An entry level person can expect an annual salary of $59,330 while a more senior level person can expect a salary of $133,350 "

10. ramkatral

Dec 27, 2010
    Tryon, NC
    1) good luck getting a job in LA. Extremely difficult and competitive.

2) get ready to work your little ### off there lol.

11. bulletproof77

bulletproof77 Medium Load Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Victorville, CA
    Sure pays for me...Average 1500-1600+ per week, every week..Home weekends and 2 to 3 nights per week, Ah, but I have one of those "Commie" union jobs...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.