What do you use for sleeping

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by BIGLEFTYINTX, Dec 3, 2018.

1. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Got it done real nice. Bamboo pillows. Three inch memory foam mattress topper. Thick blankets. Sheets.
    Do have a sleeping bag. Got at the start just in case. Keep it because my cat likes it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
  4. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    you have the coop pillows.

WesternPlains Thanks this.
  5. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    No new mattress no truck. That is one thing I stood on. If I got a truck and that mattress was not wrapped up in clear plastic I gave the truck back. I also never took we don't have any new mattresses as an excuse either. It's not just urine. I'm not going to gross out TTR with all the other things, lets just say it is a lot.

6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Yep. New truck (Old truck) gets a new mattress first day always.

We will disinfect the thing 10% bleach for a few hours and it will be really nice like new inside.

Every truck we have been given (About 20+) in the last 5 or so years of our time OTR got a new mattress first day.

7. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    I am up in Michigan and don’t like to sleep with truck on and can get the Webasco to run all night if I set it to 40 or so.

Bedding is fine thread sheets and a high quality heavy queen size down comforter doubled over with the fold against the back wall.
    That way I can peel off a layer of it i get hot without the upper layer ending up on the floor .

I top it all off with a cheap light weight furry easy washable single size comforter.

I tuck that upper comforter in tight against the back wall and at my feet .

Snug as a bug in a rug. I sleep like a Bear lately with this setup

A Benadryl doesn’t hurt some nights also

8. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    I have a memory foam mattress topper, sheets, and two comforters. In the summer one comforter. In the winter two comforters. I keep a mummy style sleeping bag rated at 20°F as backup, to add to the mix in case my truck breaks down when it's below zero.

I sleep better in my truck than when I am home.

9. Midnightrider909

Midnightrider909 Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2016
    OEM mattresses are junk. We bought a $500 twin xl and love it.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  10. Eowyn

Eowyn Medium Load Member

Jul 5, 2016
    TN

You mean like mites and skin dander?
    Most mattresses gain weight each year. I can’t remember the average.

I team with my husband so the bed has to be comfortable to get sleep while driving. We have a memory foam over the supplied mattress (was new in plastic) decent sheet set, blanket, comforter and lots of pillows. We put 2 long pillows at each end (this helps with that extra space the mattress doesn’t take up and 6 regular size pillows. When we are in bed together I’m on the outside and I use one pillow to put up against the wall where the clock and apu switches are. It blocks the light and makes being squished against the cubby a little more comfortable.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  11. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    10/4 on that. I always get my own mattress and place right on top of the trucks mattress best investment in the trucking world. I use blankets not a sleeping bag.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.