what does it cost to replace a clutch!!!

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by richhawn, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Chubby Fly

Chubby Fly Medium Load Member

Nov 25, 2019
    Omg this is why I do my own work. These shops charge cheap and you get cheap work in return.
    Doing everything the right way takes more time and labor.
    I can have my trans out in a hour and a half for sure. But I go over everything meticulously. They just slap stuff together. Half the time, the flywheel should be replaced but they just cut them anyway without saying anything because it will take time to order one. They don’t check and replace rear motor mounts, clutch linkage and anything else that’s easy to get to when trans is out. List goes on but hey, piece of mind, do your own work and a clutch job can take you several days to repair and replace stuff that was overlooked that might leave you stranded someday. Especially with a 2000 freightliner

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RoadRanger^^

RoadRanger^^ Light Load Member

Apr 17, 2018
    Columbus, OH
    For my Volvo VNL 2011, some shop in columbus, OH gave me qoute like $1700 and he was like it is the same as freightliner.

4. MIg25

MIg25 Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2020
    Fort Lauderdale - Florida
    I need mine done as well. I am in Florida. I already have all the parts OEM Eaton. 10sp manual. Any good mechanics around town? anywhere from Ft Pierce to Miami. I would travel. No problems.
    Need it done ASAP
    FL112 with Cat C12 also need the rear main replaced. I have that as well OEM Caterpillar seal.
    Let me know any leads.
    Thanks.

5. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    The Detroit shop in Panama City is excellent. The do all makes.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.