what does the future holds

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Blkcowboy, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    Purchase tools. Learn how to wrench. Few mechanics out here. And then we have the programing... Rawze.com for that. It is going to continue to get ugly out here if you do not know how to work on your truck, and even uglier when the emissions start acting up. For what it is worth. ;-)

Blkcowboy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    You sound nearly as sceptical of autonomous vehicles as me.

jamespmack and shogun Thank this.
  4. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    All trucks will be driverless and flying. We'll all be wearing foil clothing and Amazon will take control of the US government while forcing every US citizen to buy a Prime membership. Europe will be reduced to a pile of radio active ashes, and Elon Musk will build a new house on the moon and live there permanently with his 6 super model wives. Oh and we'll finally figure out that man made global warming was a hoax and enter a new ice age. Snow ski and snow mobile manufacturer stocks will soar as a result.

5. Freddy57

Freddy57 Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Mount Vernon, MO
    You guys have it all wrong. In late 2019 there will be an emp attack launched against America. My Amish neighbors are going to become the high tech freight haulers. The time to invest in Amish technology is now...avoid the rush!

86scotty and Oldironfan Thank this.
  6. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    We've been running out of oil since the 70's

86scotty Thanks this.
  7. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Trust me nothing is going to change. If you plan on doing this now, then you have 20 years worth of work ahead of you.

The only thing that may happen is Skynet comes online and cyborgs start driving trucks.

Rollr4872 and Blkcowboy Thank this.
  8. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Ask zoltar, or the magic 8 ball.

Dino soar Thanks this.
  9. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    In 5 years there will only be 2 English speaking truck drivers in Canada. 3 of us will be retired

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  10. serch4tool

serch4tool Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2018
    Hi guys I’m a new member here. Lately I started thinking to become owner operator. My body got dodge ram 2500 with rig for 3 cars and he brings $2000 weekly net. No need CDL he manages load under 26 k lb. I wonder how easy the one can start hauling cars? Should I buy used truck and 3 car rig and hit the road?
    PS. I work as a RN in hospital now and bring home average $4500 a month net ( including taxes, health insurance etc, etc). Or should I just stay RN. Thanks for advice

11. StrokerTSi

StrokerTSi Medium Load Member

Aug 28, 2016
    There's no way way he under 26k lbs, and probably a few other things he's on the illiegal side of. I'd stay the RN if I were you, I have heard they can do quite well financially with some experience.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.