what does the future holds

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Blkcowboy, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Under 26k only applies to straight trucks, a three car trailer has a gvw over 10k which means cdl a.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    I hauled a load of steel to a air powered (by a deisel in the basement exhausting through canvas sacks) machine shop once. I was unloading right next to a horse drawn flatbed! It was awesome. It was before camera phones though or I would have had a cool pic for sure!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    Freddy57 Thanks this.
  4. Mattflat362

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    I really think the future is centralized power production and electric everything everywhere forever....or until we can make nuclear vehicles!

I would give anything for a electric straight truck flatbed with a 700 mile range. I mean anything.....arm, leg, house, my most prized material possession on earth....my carbon ski.

Imagine....just imagine the beautiful simplicity of clean centralized energy and the silence of the future.

5. serch4tool

serch4tool Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2018
    Ok, ok screw the 26k lbs. will get the CDL, but then should I get 4 cars rig and dual axel Ram/ Ford?

6. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    With all the cattleprods they're putting in cars and touting them as safety items, within the next 5 years, traffic in North America will be dismal. No one will be able to use mirrors, no one will be able to pay attention long enough to drive. They will need the autonomous cars and trucks. And they will just need someone to "monitor" things. They will lift the restrictions of drug testing in commercial vehicles, and neckbeards and burnout and whatnot will rejoice. And they will drop the money. But these guys wont care. They just need a place to live and play their video games. This will put 95% of you out of work. Burger flippin it is!

When the hackers gain control of cars and trucks and hold freight and passengers for ransom, there will be a need for people that can actually drive. No cattleprods. It will be a bit different from what we are doing today in that if someone needs a driver, the driver flies in, does a manual override on the vehicle and make the delivery, money transferred and hes back home. It's funny, because it will be worlds less regulation. Why so? Because they will no longer be trying to level the playing field so that morons can qualify for a job. So, keep your skills up, keep your record clean, get as many endorsements and security clearances as you can. You will be paid for what you know, not what you do. BIG BUCKS. And you wont have to own anything.

7. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Imagine, just imagine everybody driving their own nuclear waste making machine, yea that's a bright one. Maybe we will all have unicorns too, and eat rainbow stew with a silver spoon.

8. Doing_flatbed_nc

Doing_flatbed_nc Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2016
    Count all of the electric cars you pass ever day. When there are electric trucks, that number will be the same number of autonomous electric trucks that pass you everyday.

Sure, Amazon and Wal-Mart might buy a bunch of electric class 8's. The rest of us will keep doing what we are doing.

The threat is not technology. The biggest threat we face is the potential of a tanking economy. Pray Trump doesn't put tariffs on all Chinese goods. A LOT of what we all haul depends on or is Chinese sh it.

9. Mattflat362

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    Nuc was kind of a joke but I'll take electric all day.

10. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    We're at least 50 years from having the ability to produce that much juice, especially if we get a president who let's the EPA run wild and shut down as many coal plants as some people would like to see. Then they'll find some frog or rare virus living where somebody would like to put up windfarms or solarfarms, and they'll seriously limit where those can go.

Mattflat362 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.