What happens when you quit while otr

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by stylicho, Apr 8, 2007.

1. jsthvnfun

jsthvnfun Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2007
    Cortland, IL

I think you need to grow up a little bit before you try to find another trucking job. You act like you are still in high school, you aren't going to get very far with an attitude like that.:biggrin_25513:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stylicho

stylicho Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2007
    Apparently you havent read their posts where they "he's stupid" "he's ignorant" just because Im not accepting their heresay as prophecy. All Ive asked for is a link to prove their case but none is given. All is given is ad hominems to prove their point. And on a sidenote, I was just watching Alex, one of those judge judy type programs. On his program they had a woman who offered two other people a ride. This woman abandoned the two other women because she didnt like their attitudes. The judge ruled that the owner of the vehicle who drove them was responsible for getting them home. Interesting coincidence now that Ive been debating in this thread.

4. stylicho

Jan 20, 2007
    I appreciate your and Matthew's non-hostile attitude unlike some others. And when I was saying O/Os would get others to drive I was just referring to their extra trucks. I would think they would still drive a truck. I was just pointing out the motives of what some people could be.

5. Matthews

Matthews Medium Load Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Akron,OH
    I think you are refering to people like the following on this site that wish to OWN and RUN the fleet but dont wanna get involved or go through the BLOOD and sweat it takes to do such thing as run a Trucking Company
    http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...-an-owner-operator/15409-new-to-trucking.html

People like this ( I ) have real issues with. I would rather see them on the golf course blowing their money's than even HELP out in the industry.

Leave the work to US because people like that couldnt handle it! :biggrin_25524:

My 2 & 1/2 Cents worth of nothing,
    Matthew

6. stylicho

Jan 20, 2007
    Just curious, why was that prodriver guy banned?

7. stylicho

Jan 20, 2007
    Well now I dont know if I want to quit. It seems like they always try to appease me when I go home. I arrived at the yard and my truck needs repairs so I asked them if JB was gonna get me a rental car to take home. He knew that if he wasnt I was gonna rent one and that would have been the end of JB for me. I was supposed to be home today. Anyways my FM let me change trucks and is going to pay me the miles to dhd to the yard. So I will probably stay with them for now.

8. jsthvnfun

jsthvnfun Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2007
    Cortland, IL
    If i can make a suggestion. If I were you I would call up Ol JB and ask them how you are supposed to go about terminating your employment. Don't call your dispatcher, I would call your safety dept. or anybody in the Operations dept. and see what they say. Just a suggestion, since after reading your previous posts and seeing how easily you change your mind. This way you can quit on good terms. Just remember that the company can put just about anything on your DAC and it will take some time to get it corrected if it is false, keeping you from work in the process. I would make a note of who you talk to and the date and time, just for your records so if the try to tell you different when you go to quit you have some amunition. That is my final 2 cents on this thread, see ya.

9. Matthews

Matthews Medium Load Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Akron,OH
    I would guess the banning of Pro1driver, was related to this post?

When I ran forum's we didnt put up with antagonizing or users fighting (public). After saying that, I would say if anyone has issues and arguments to keep them in Email or PM's and hidden from the general public.

Not an Admin or mod here, but we can all see that our forums here do not tolerate this kind of ( open public ) behavior.

All the best,
    Matthew

10. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    I've decided I'm going to accept the idea that "I own the truck instead of my company owning it, and I can do anything I want with it if I drive it."

I will be applying at Brinks Armored Car on Monday, and if I feel like taking that thing home, I will. I won't ask permission, either, because they will OWE me that ride home, after all. I should be fine. Some judge on a Springer-esque show said I'd be fine, so I'm gonna believe it.

11. Burky

Burky Road Train Member

Gee, that would make 21 indocs, wouldn't it? Unfortunately, I think Brinks requires you to have a CDL license to drive their trucks. Better get one of those before Monday if you want to get a job there. LOL!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.