What if it Snows?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dave_in_AZ, Mar 19, 2018.

1. JolliRoger

JolliRoger Road Train Member

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    Caught an hour tonight. A sort of a recap apparently as it posted as slated for Wednesday nights. They were into shoeing the horses and had the rubber
    glue on ones to be more comfortable and less painful install. Between their assorted attire and the crazy antics, it was hard to cut it short. Do not think I will
    be following it closely.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JolliRoger

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    Similar to secretions...

4. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    No I don't have access. Just search in internet and something will pops up.

5. JolliRoger

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    Stay strong, eat food for strength, lots of liquids and anything over the counter available. Just be positive you will beat it. Baptist prayers up for a turnaround.

Opus, okiedokie, LoSt_AgAiN and 12 others Thank this.
  6. JolliRoger

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    Sign of our times. Less quality of ingredients, hasty prep it and package. Slight price increase, thick cut in size of contents. More glamourous TV ads to push sales. It is the American way, now....

7. JolliRoger

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    Me too.

8. JolliRoger

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    Explain in more detail. A crosswise screwdriver slot holds enough water to ???
    And if it is tight, how does it seep into the innards. And last time I perused outside cover plates in switches/outlets they had a seal or gasket under the plate.
    I know there is more, but this inquiring weak mind would not turn it a special way for the water it would catch, even on the most awesome new home in the most awesome (dry) state. :):)

9. Blu_Ogre

Blu_Ogre Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Out west
    Thanks for the info. Generator with large fuel tank has been moved up the priority list. Haven't heard nothing about that in the years I've been up here.

If that does unfold the way they say in the article, The big towns up the way may have issues because they are built on flood plain. They are kinda low at about 200 foot elevation. Not sure if the wave will be able to push up the river that far.

Cute little town I live just outside of will be rattled hard. Not sure how well the old rotting commercial buildings will survive.

The thing I noticed they did not mention in the article is what, if anything, it would do to the volcanoes. On a clear day I can see 3 from just up the road.

10. The_vett

The_vett Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2021
    So Cal / PNW mostly
    Yes , You are in a safe zone. I am not . Not in CA or WA. It has me spooked somewhat. But i need to get over it , if it isn't an earthquake , it is a hurricane , etc etc. It always something . :cool:
    Oh wow , You are right . Do you think maybe , the volcanos may be far enough on the eastside of I-5. My mind is seeing them erupt when this quake rattles them. They make it sound like , the sound we know now , wont be there any longer. There will be a lot of mad Whales ...LOL

LoSt_AgAiN, Eldiablo, JoeyJunk and 6 others Thank this.
  11. Troy_

Troy_ Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Roma, Alberta.
    I guess that's the nice part about being up here near Santa's house. No hurricanes, tornadoes, volcanoes, or earthquakes to worry about...if you can handle the air hurting your face for 5 months out of the year.

austinmike, Oxbow, LoSt_AgAiN and 12 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.