What if it Snows?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dave_in_AZ, Mar 19, 2018.

1. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    TBH I was joking. I hate that the engine smokes like this. Just a few more weeks. The spilled coolant was because instead of dumping coolant back into gallon jugs, I dumped straight from the buckets. Funnel moved and I made a mess.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Were not planning to. I also told Keri to STOP planning to rent a car from the airport. We can get a rental here at a much better rate and not have to pay all those airport addons. Nurse Ratched and I can pick her up and take her to the rental place. I have been looking at some BMWs online and Keri really wants one. She was crying a bit saying she could not afford one. I said to stop doing that. I was looking at this LINK and might well get her something like that. Nothing is set in stone right now.

4. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Looks like a Detroit 12.7. I put a couple old new stock I had for about 6 yrs. the housing leaked. Rubber gaskets must have been dry. Finally had to use some silicone on it. Funny I’m now in the same situation. Got 2 new thermostats, I had never put in. The inframe kit came with new ones. History repeats itself.

5. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Dude

6. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    Luckily Napa had two on the shelf. Sometimes I have to drive a little further because the local one doesn’t stock everything I need. Got everything sealed back up nothing appears to be leaking and I am actually building temperature so all is well for now.

7. Troy_

Troy_ Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Roma, Alberta.
  8. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    My old arm fired right up. Been sitting for a week. Looks like the new batteries are a success. Safety valve was popping on the compressor for a while before stopping. Put a half bottle of alcohol in the line, and both trailer lines. I knew I should have changed the air dryer filter. Wheel seal on steers leaking again. Same one I changed in summer of 2020. I must have damaged it. I had a hard time getting the hub/ wheel/tire assembly back on. So cold outside. We have a potential job for the shop. I hate to take it in though. They screw things up worse than I do. I’ve had a couple bad experiences already, with the same seal, done at Shops. Both times resulting in smoked bearings. One time new spindle. Rather do if myself.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
  9. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    So, did you use any sealant on the housing? As I recall none is needed. The stats rubber seals do all the sealing. Right? I’ve changed them quick on the fuel island before. Last time, had a heck of a time, kept leaking. Finally used silicone on housing. I don’t think any is needed. Right?

10. Troy_

Troy_ Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Roma, Alberta.
    Swamp donkey tried to ruin my day. I showed him with my old iron, tenderized his hind quarter for him.

11. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    . Swamp Donkey? Whaaaaatt? Where you find those? Florida?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.