What if it Snows?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dave_in_AZ, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I've seen it all now. 5 guys killed themselves in Port cause of noise and no hot water.

Welcome to life aboard a carrier.

We rarely had hot water. Noise??? Lmfao. I made the mistake of sleeping in the forward berthing on a NorPac once. It's under the cats.

F. Lol

Wait til these limp ##cks go out to sea for 60 to 100 days without seeing port.

Sad.

Screenshot_20220516-220232_Chrome.jpg

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tramm01

tramm01 Road Train Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Idaho
    And the desalination plant breaks down and it’s a months worth of cold salt water showers

4. InTooDeep

InTooDeep Donner party survivor

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    So just had glass noodles. WTF who would come up clear freakin noodles? Lorrie says just try them they are really good. So stuffed some in my mouth yeah dear they taste just great. tastes just like the teriyaki sauce that was on them

5. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    I mean they're in port for refit. What more do you want? They can go around base. If everyone is so hot on making grade, they have all the time in the world to study.

It's noisy. JFC.

6. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    What an absolute pain it is to change out an airbag on a lowbed trailer.. Bought a new half inch Milwaukee impact.. The short stubby one. For getting in to tighter spaces. And I'm sure glad I did because I needed it to get the bolts from underneath...the one downside is that it doesn't have much torque. Only 300 lbs or so. had to break out the big mama 1/2 inch on the top bolt because it took all 1200 pounds of breakaway torque to free that dang thing And I had a wobble socket attached to it. I was surprised it took that abuse. Those usually break as soon as u start hammering away... still able to get it done in under 2 hours.. Success!

Now I need to replace the other 3 .. Because u know how it goes when working on trucks. U get underneath and start looking at other crap u gotta fix.

7. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    No amount of hearing protection would filter out those turbo fans when they put them in full burner just before launch.

Was truly painful. Please send that mother ####er.

It's noisy. Zomg.

8. tramm01

tramm01 Road Train Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Idaho
    It’s just to hard— Junior is fortunate to be in with a good group that has a snake eating hands on airframer for a Senior Chief— guess the Master Chief is pretty salty as well, but it it sounds like Senior is the old school real deal

9. 4mer trucker

4mer trucker Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Wow, how sad

10. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    When they talked about non lethal torture techniques to use on terrorist for interrogation..........I said sheeeeeeeet. Chain mofo to one of these main landing gear and just crank it up and let it idle.

Give him about 10 minutes, he'd tell you he was Peter F Pan if you ask him.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.