What if it Snows?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dave_in_AZ, Mar 19, 2018.

1. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    Really? going to leave that other otter such an opening? He will be all over that post with doors swinging and banging into the dock!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    That's fine. That why we let guys like him bump docks. They get into an apt complex jobsite and wouldn't know how to get turned around and probably end up stuck on a curb.

4. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    No Habla Engleesh.

I parked in front of one of those last night too.

5. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    LOL. You’d be so wrong there. We deliver to places that would give ghosts the chills.

The OM sent me out on a load with 8-10 drops. It’s final drop was in a place that was ridiculous.

I’ve fond memories of texting Dave and telling him I was empty. He calls and you could almost here him smiling on the phone. He knew exactly where I was going and what it was going to be like. LOL

plus I’m 13’6 the length of it. So those low hanging covered parking areas never stop being a nightmare unlike tarp monkeys and their flat tops and low beds. Easy for you guys.

6. otterinthewater

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    I’m normally too busy dropping and hooking, and clocking loot while the much over-heralded “tarpus monkius” of the species “simian-wantus creditis” is telling everyone how hard life is...

Oh ya and before any lurkers or whatever get their straps in a bind and decide to cry Just remember that this is all in good fun, and I will always hold you tarp monkeys in high appreciation compared to those single cell life forms know as straight truck drivers.

Seriously, have you ever seen a “nice” straight truck, or all they all driven off a lot down 50 miles of dirt road and left there for a year and then drug back to civilization behind a wrecker with a bad oil leak?

7. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    My favorite tarp monkeys are here in Houston. They do a pretty #### good job every time.

8. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    I do all those same places, but with a spread axle. :1up:

9. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

I'm going to provide a illustrated translation for anyone offended by The Otter's humor...
    [​IMG]

The Otter is hilarious. Dave should give him a bonus of some kind. Can be something otter than cash....yes, bad puns follow me like snow follows @InTooDeep .

Random fact: Otters juggle rocks. Go figure. Otters juggle rocks more when they're hungry, study says - CNN
    [​IMG]

I got river otters near me, an they put on a comedy show every time I see some.

Sirscrapntruckalot - Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to the otter side. HA!

10. otterinthewater

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    LOL.

Answer a question for me please.

Before I got booted from one of the cool guy threads (I was probably being an ####### and my sense of humor doesn’t always come off as well as I like to think) I asked a question.

The question I asked was “why do so many tarp monkeys leave their flashers on when parked at a TS. Now I’m not talking about OSOD guys who have a real concern of door slammers ramming into them. But like regular monkeys, and normally they’re empty/not loaded. But there they sit flashing away all night.

I’ve started naming all of them “Percy”. I can just see them walking down the Green Mile yelling out “flat bedder parking, flat bedder parking here”. I wish John Coffey would just grab them...

11. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    They leave them flashing so they can find their way back to the rig from the spinning dog tray.....they would leave bread crumbs as a trail, but the sandal/jog suit clan blow those away trying for 7th gear before the sidewalk.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.