What if it Snows?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dave_in_AZ, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    That’s funny, I had just left the Petro in Hammond myself.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    When I did paper rolls to newspapers....many times we would blockthe street tooff load....driver tailgate....amazing how easy it is toget 1800 lbs moving! Couple chocks at the end to stop the roll and....look ma, only a shaved off baseball bat to get em started. Did I forget....double stacked.

4. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    Please don't chase em back.....we don't want them either!

5. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    OK...but that wasn't CA smoke you're getting....that's OR and WA with a little ID mixed in. Jet stream is staying north of us. Tomorrow night we are supposed to be sending our smoke to Reno then Denver. We like toshare ya know!

6. Donk

Donk Have a Cup Of Concrete

Apr 27, 2008
    In '17 as we were departing on the B.C. journey, there were two guys going crazy in a Hardware parking lot on the outskirts of Portland.

Fabricating a pickup box cap out of lumber. was fascinating to see the hillbilly effort.

Often wonder if they ever got it finished

7. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    That Lakewood address....there is a grocery outfit tucked backin there....some of those are truck restricted....I hated Lakewood!

8. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    GeeCees....used to have the best food! Still the best place to park north of Portland before the JBLM mess!

9. Blu_Ogre

Blu_Ogre Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Out west
    LOL

I never zoomed out enough to see the Safeway and the rest of that urban shopping sprawl over there.....

10. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    It's a place like Cysco....off brand,mom/pop customers.....talk about rude! Deliv appts don't begin until 0100, no street parking, nowhere close to stage....all parking is for employees. And those LW cops love writing truck tickets....worse than Carson, CA! Guaranteed 4-6 hr unload.

11. Blu_Ogre

Blu_Ogre Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Out west
    They still try.... Deli side is still doing a good job. sit down side is still having issues with the Gov't restrictions for seating. Limited seating or to go only forget which and a very limited menu (don't want to have to throw away good food cause the Governer changes the quarantine level). .....

Sucks because in my not so humble opinion it is one of the top restaurants in the area.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.