What if it Snows?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dave_in_AZ, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    That's exactly what I thought.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JolliRoger

JolliRoger Road Train Member

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    Per Murphy: Expenses rise to meet available income.

4. InTooDeep

InTooDeep Donner party survivor

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    My Bride is the same. She waited tables and was a bar keep growing up. If I didn;t tip good i would get one of these :mad: Unless service REALLY sucked

5. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    The top bunk has been removed and a shelf now takes its place. GOBS of room but it looks messy. Need to experiment with a curtain or something but I don't want that to make the sleeper look too small. More investigation required.

6. InTooDeep

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    Shhh don't tell anyone but after my last update on my ELD it doesn't auto change from on duty to drive line when I move. Crud now that I posted this I will call them in the morning to fix it

7. JolliRoger

JolliRoger Road Train Member

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    Truck ain't got lights?

8. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I always thought the color of stickers changed every quarter. Also been told I shouldn’t get inspected for at least 90 days, but leave it on for a year. For the most benefit. Last 2 inspections passed, I ask for my sticker, they say sorry were all out. WTF? I even asked if I could get one at the next scale. Nope! Doesn’t work that way. What a bunch of BS. Only been DOTd twice since my wife’s been with me. Sometimes I wake her up, come on good luck charm, get in the jump seat!

9. InTooDeep

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    I got a sticker last year or year before and got another level one a week later

10. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    I keep studying mine. I see no good way to do it. I need shelves and more shelves. Need doors on existing shelves. Somethings always falling down. Just can’t seem to make a plan. Has to be strong and lightweight. Some newer Trucks have nice cabinets. Like to really customize it, but in reality just need a place to throw crap. Upper bunk would be nice. I added one to my last Truck. I have useless cabinets across the back wall. 3 that hold about 8 shirts each. Last Truck was the same. Had to cut them up with a sawzall to get them out. It’s a dilemma. Lots of useless space right now.

11. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    Wow!! Seems like they’re awful busy lately. I think I’ve mentioned getting DOTd every 6 weeks on average, for a solid 18 mos. then regularly for quite a few years. First 5 years, I counted 60 inspections. I finally started asking why? Everytime. Then suddenly they left me alone.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.