What if it Snows?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dave_in_AZ, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Lumper Humper

Lumper Humper Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2018
    Colorado Springs, CO
    S A V A G E

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    In the last two days, temps have been from a low of 28 to a high 84. Seen rain, sleet, snow and sunshine. All with an average wind speed of 107 mph.

Yesterday, I-70 west of Grand Junction was shut down for high wind and a fedwrex over on its side blocking all westbound lanes.

4. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Great movie!

"This is fargin' WAR!"

5. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Today is the first day in the last 5 that a man could stand up without leaning 15 degrees into the wind. Many places visibility was half a mile or less due to blowing dirt... My one neighbor now owns most of what used to be my other neighbors feild... The rest of it my wife cleaned out of our bathroom after she left the window open.

6. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    It was 83° in Winston-Salem this time yesterday.

I'm back in OH-HI-OH, ketchup plant delivery complete. I have seen tain, freezing tain, sunshine, and high winds.

It's also sweatshirt weather. Not happy.

Ran out of hours enroute back to terminal. Gotta roll thru terminal in the AM, swap wagons, and skeedaddle on down to Kayn-tuckeh to load. Should be great fun with the Spence Bridge still one lane in each direction.

Oh well. G'nite!

7. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Well the wifes minivan is finally working again. A Honda Odessy. Mechanic thinks that it was the first time the van had seen a timing belt replacement. It only has 170k+ miles on it (timing belts are supposed to be reolaced every 75k miles).

Next Tuesday I should be able to work on the tractor again. Now that I am no longer running the wife around town with my gas guzzler pickup.

8. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Been learning all about the minor common problems WJ Jeeps have. Looks like my new Jeep has every one of them. All simple and cheap fixes, thanks to U tube. Yesterday, started it up, check engine light on, all the gauges all quit working. All I saw was no oil pressure. Turned it off, checked oil, had her start it, listen. Everything’s working again. This ones proving hard to figure out. Fuse, short? So it goes with an 18 yr old vehicle. Still loving it though.

9. Qbf594

Qbf594 Road Train Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Southern Canadian annex, NY
    Good to hear that Mars has its own sun for when earth's sun burns out.

Oh god....:tongueSTARS13:

10. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    I might have just got tired of being taken advantage of, got to Tyson’s for more chicken meal, was 1800, they said 4-6 hours maybe more, but they were out of product.
    I parked, ate a sandwich, called the broker, told him it’d cost him $200/hour after the first two you “Gotta Give” or I’m going home, 150 mile DH, but I haven’t got paid for the last 3 detention, one is now 45 days, no pay, no stay.
    I’m now at the house, and thinking tomorrow about hauling for a different broker/company.

Went to Emporia, reloaded at emporia back to AR, and other load was supposed to go back to KS. But...no product

11. Cowboyrich

Cowboyrich Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Dayton, Washington
    Check all the fuses and breakers, had a '97 giving me hell all over a fuse under the hood

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.