What if it Snows?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dave_in_AZ, Mar 19, 2018.

1. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    We have Waffle House.

LOTS of them.

That's an automatic qualifier......

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lumper Humper

Lumper Humper Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2018
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Agreed lol

4. Blu_Ogre

Blu_Ogre Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Out west
    I thought those were a southeastern thing that oozed north?

5. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Oh, I know......

No matter where you live, you live there ON PURPOSE, and someone, somewhere, has a problem with that.

Regarding the panhandler meme, that corner is an Official Panhandler Station.

I don't watch TV news if I can help it, but one of the stations did a story about a white van dropping these people off, then collecting them back up. The van rotates them around in hot weather, too, so they all get a turn at a shady spot, like Wayne Ave and Keowee Street, or the I-75 off-ramp at Wagner Ford Road.

6. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    Exactly. Take New Jersey for example...

7. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    West. We're going west.

8. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Waffle House currently has something like 1200 units.
    They have some in AZ, NM, and CO.

9. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Well I finally broke down and bought a new GPS... I have been using an RM 740 about 2.5 years. About 8 months ago it started shutting off randomly, andbhas been doing so more frequently as of late.

Because of the poor things I have been hearing about newer RM products I had already decided that my next one would be a Garmin. The other day in Laramie I noticed that the J had the Garmin Dezl 580 on sale for $249.99 so I pulled the trigger and used all my points to get one. So far in liking it... I was a little worried about the smaller screen, but I can see wverything very easily. Ive started all my addresses into it, but still have alot more to add.

Do any of y'all have any tips or tricks on using the Dezl 580 (or 780) that you have figured out to make thing easier? You know, the kind of things that took you awhile to discover but once you did you use it that way alot. Thanks Y'all.

10. JolliRoger

JolliRoger Road Train Member

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    Same in Austin, TX. But rotated to allow equal opportunity at the more lucrative corners. Strong union format.. Seniority, time on corner, etc.

11. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Have used Garmin products for some time. They have a few things that are not well documented.

You can easily overload the screen by displaying all the variations of notifications.

Garmin units all have lifetime map updates.
    Always a good idea to update a new unit. You can also do a backup of your unit. Garmin has an app that you will use for these things.

I have found that I don’t care for all the overlays, so I have that all turned off. I don’t care that a Wally-World is at the next exit.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.