What if it Snows?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dave_in_AZ, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    That was a tiny load... just enough to get me through the winter, with a little to spare. This load, as I'm sure you noticed, was a full logging bunk. Should last me at least 5 years... If not longer.

The first load was a last minute deal. I wasnt expecting to need firewood in the new house, but upon investigation I discovered that the ceiling cable heat was a potential fire hazard. So I got what I could get... being as it was late in the year, that turned out to be a 4 cord load of shorter logs delivered with a pickup and goose neck trailer. The guy actually unloaded it by hand, and pretty much where it landed is where it went. So I had to move it about 10 to 20 feet after I got home in order to clear the neighbors drive. Not to mention the price was roughly 2.5 times as much (per cord) as what I paid for the load I got today.

The guy today put it right exactly where I wanted it... Its amazing what having the right equipment for the job does for the customer experience. After he left I very slightly adjusted 3 logs, that were not quite as stable as I like, to ensure they didnt come crashing down off the stack if something were to bump them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    JBHUNT doesn't want to do elog?

4. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    We fell asleep fairly early, now it's 0330 and I can't sleep.
    Debating whether or not to make a pot of Starbucks.
    The OM is still asleep, and I think it's better to let sleeping cats lie.

5. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    Well since this load has multi stops and the first two are in El Paso, I doubt we'll leave before Sunday. And my plan is now officially destroyed.

70,000 loads available and I pick this mutt. Detention is epic, don't think it will be the record, but what a hassle.

And everyone is a victim, agent and shipper. They aren't full of crap, they're victims.

6. DrFlush

DrFlush Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Agents and shippers are always honest and upright, like my ex wife........ or is that lying as s w hores, I always get the two confused.

7. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    Just canceled my epic load coming back.

8. InTooDeep

InTooDeep Donner party survivor

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    You or they did

9. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    Me. I don't leave people hanging. It's a good load, they have plenty of time to cover it.

10. InTooDeep

InTooDeep Donner party survivor

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    Ok didn't want to thank your post if they did

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.