What if it Snows?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dave_in_AZ, Mar 19, 2018.

1. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    I named her Lucy. She responds to it. Yeah I think she is part hund. I mean hound. She howls a little bit, like a beagle. Not often but some times. Smell maps every room and place.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    "Be careful you don't cut the power cord" Were you going to give that warning from experience? I can't say I didn't learn the hard way when I did it back in the 60s when I was about 14. Lit me up pretty good. They didn't have things like grounds on trimmers back then.

4. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    If ever I try to build a trucking empire I will simply place a decal on the back of the trailer that reads, "We treat you like family." Drivers should come, right?

OTOH, I knew a guy whose family beat him and threw him out with the wash water so now I'm confused. I need a catchy slogan that doesn't have any holes in it.

5. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Looks like a full blooded American Staffordshire Terrier. Strong leg muscles. Rear teeth look viscious. Almost like 2 sets. Lol. Strong bark, even as puppy. You’re gonna love that Dog. Positive Training. A lot say you need to be firm, let them know you’re Boss. Not true. Treat her right. Very devoted Loyal and protective, like Chihuahuas. Lol. Loving Dogs. If you’ve never had one, you’ll be amazed. Like I was.

6. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I'm thinking anywhere but there is a better option.

They're going to have to get a handle on it pretty quickly. It's just a free for all right now. Saw several epic melt downs.

If I wouldn't have cut through the Schell station, I'd still be on the road in front of the McDonald's.

It's really f up.

7. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Seems they could do a Mortgage on the house and land only. If the others are mobile homes, they’re not Real Estate. Shouldn’t be considered in qualifying for Mortgage. Shouldn’t require insurance. I had my Mobile home insured through AAA. Saved a lot, over the Insurance they sold Me, when qualifying for the loan. It was brand new, 1987. They sold me a 15 yr. policy, said I needed it to qualify. Lol, they got me. Rolled the whole cost into the Loan. Luckily, I looked into it, and cancelled it, and got the AAA insurance. Later found out, Mobile Home/Real estate company Owner went to prison, for Fraud. Anyway, hope it works out. Sounds like a nice place.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
  8. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    I'm thinking you take several weeks off and give up your trailer while the market is on fire, perhaps the merchant marine is a good idea.

9. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    KOWALSKI LIVES!!!!!!

10. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Little America has Waffle House beat, Hands down.

0513212034.jpg

11. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    Lol. Not even. But that dude is definitely on my friends list that works in the kitchen. He's up at like 0300 making breakfast.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.