What if it Snows?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dave_in_AZ, Mar 19, 2018.

1. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Still allowed in International Water, I believe.

Which for poop purposes, is any water outside the 12 mile territorial limit and contiguous zone.

By the time I got out of the USCG, there were a lot of "No Discharge Zones" popping up on nautical charts. We used to have to check and make sure the overboard discharge valve was locked out, and the holding tank valve open.

No holding tank? Head better be locked and posted oos.

Big fine otherwise.

Did boaters cheat? Maybe, but the fine was a good deterrent. ($10 or $15k, IIRC)

Also, if there were any "tapered grouper" breaking the surface alongside your boat, you'd have some "'splainin' to do!".

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    So the hottest day of the year today, it’s 90 and muggy. Shopping with my wife. Blower on the Jeep starts working intermittently, and quits completely. Must be a bad ground or breaker. This Jeep has a bunch of grounds. At least 12, that I know of. Even has a ground strap on the exhaust that runs to the trans. WTF? I think they started with one problem, and kept adding grounds to fix it. Bad as a one box.

4. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    My heart is broken, my stomach weeps.

I busted my butt, and passed several other food opportunities, to make it to the Love's in Corbin KY.

I was all set for some Sonny's BBQ.
    I get my phone out to call and see if their dining room is open yet......

Sonny's is CLOSED on TUESDAY.

WTAF?

I don't dare go over to the Pilot on the other side of the overpass. (Steak buffet place next door)

The Love's is filling up like crazy in the half hour I've been here, and the trucks that aren't staying are running thru the parking lot at about 20 miles an hour. Don't know what's up, but I'm staying put.

Guess I'll go in and pick up some "sides" for RB&S à la Volvo.......

5. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I left our tomatoes in the fridge. And I was just parked in a Kroger parking lot for 4 hours and fell asleep and didn't think to get any.

6. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    Hey it’s my childhood hero. Hey Speed, Hey Speed!! Go Speedracer Go!! I forget his girlfriend and the monkeys name. Stupid Trivia anyone?

7. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    Trixy

8. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Hmm… Spridle and ChimChim or something like that?

9. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    I saw them on tiny houses. I got my macerators mixed up with my septic terms. Lol. I had a 100ft well, and a gravity operated septic at my last house. Once had to replace the well pump. Once had to honey dip the septic tank. After that I’d add some Rid X. Beat paying a water/ sewer bill. Ours just went up 40% monthly Billings now, instead of quarterly. Costs about $75-$85 when were home. When gone, I’m subject to minimum fee, $35. What a rip off. The Suburbs are basically paying Detroit’s water bills.

10. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    Our new place is well and septic.

11. SoulScream84

SoulScream84 Road Train Member

Mar 21, 2020
    Bought the inverter, but the cables are too short to connect to the battery and have the inverter inside the cab! Obviously I'll buy some welding leads to make a good inverter cable later, but I just wanted to play assassins creed right now!
    giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.