What if it Snows?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dave_in_AZ, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Holy crap... Where the hell are you???? That best not be what it's like in MT... I'll be in Helena tomorrow night.

I had my applicators license too... The first thing I said to hell with was that chem suit, unless I was dealing with seriously deadly fumigants like Telone, Vapam, or Kapam... Or acid, I wore a chem suit when playing with acid. Most of the time I just wore a respirator, a full face respirator when dealimg with the really nasty stuff.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    Don't waste any time to get your prostate checked if you start experiencing low stream force, need to pee more often, can't sleep through the night without one or two trips to potty....trust me, I know, and several others here have family or freinds that have gone through it. The neglecting is the worst thing .....oh brother!

4. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    OneBox.

5. LoSt_AgAiN

LoSt_AgAiN Heavy Load Member

Sep 7, 2018
    Real world mileage lol

6. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    90k? Then you hit something and you have to replace two. Like a wood chair in rush hour traffic, just saying. Brands are way different too. As well as where you haul. I would have gotten another 35k out of those tires???

7. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Exactly. I agree.

8. homeskillet

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
  9. homeskillet

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    I set the alarm for 0300.

It's now 0630, and I don't know how it happened.

Fortunately, I'm just heading home empty, no harm done. Except that now I'll have plenty of company in the I-80 construction zones.

I won't lie, the sleep felt good, though!

Time for coffee. Driver's gotta go.......

10. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    No matter our diligence or love, we cant win. Oh the joys of being married.

11. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    Yeah, I had long sleeve, pants full chemical suit on, rubberboots, duct tape around there, then chem gloves, duct taped, hard hat With face shield, respirator and the bank sign across the street in Ashdown Ar said 106.
    Someone had loaded the tanker of phosphoric acid (Drop and hook load)and left a spill pad inside the trailer, like they were wiping water spots out.
    That pad would get against the valve, They wouldn’t let me up there with heelstick to fish it out, so I’d have to rock the trailer and let it slosh back, unload until it plugged up again. 10.5 hours.o_O

Then some idiot came telling me I needed earplugs about hour 2.
    I threw my hard hat at him, tore the duct tape off, took the chemical jacket off, threw it on the fender, told him to unload the pos, I was going on break.
    He was not seen again.
    I almost quit tankers after that load..did it for another 4 years..but that was worst load ever.:(

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.