What if it Snows?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dave_in_AZ, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Woke up to a fresh pot of coffee. I think I’ve finally got her trained up pretty good. Now if I can just get her to grease the Truck. Reminds Me of the time I saw a Driver sitting in his Truck, while his wife fueled it up!! That’s just not right.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I had some a couple years ago. I forget the name but I believe they hail from up @lovesthedrive ’s neck of the woods. Brown shell with a black claw tip. These had the absolute toughest shells of any species of crab I ever seen and almost needed an air chisel to break.

4. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    Those are the best. Along with King Crab. Little Blue claw in Louisiana, same as Maryland crabs pretty much. Too much work for too little meat. Gulf Shrimp takes the gold medal. Especially when they come into the brackish waters once a year. The flavor is awesome. Very fresh too. Big Boats stay out 3 days at a time. Adding formaldehyde type crap to keep them fresh. Gives them a strong taste. Don’t really notice it, till you’ve had the brackish fresh shrimp. Big flavor difference. I’m getting hungry now. 2 granola bars just doesn’t get it. Time to head to Louisiana. Tomorrow nights dinner is calling. This new diet that’s not working is being put on suspension.

5. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    Monday I’m picking up in Westwego La .They have an outdoor fresh seafood market. Plenty of good food. The Gulf, what they call Lake Salvador sits right there. Lot of Trawlers, good fishing. Best tasting shrimp, when available. Depends on time of year. Often the Larger Boats have to travel from as Far East as Alabama to almost Houston, sometimes to get shrimp. But twice a year the shrimp come in. White shrimp, and then the Brown shrimp. The brown has a thin shell, sometimes hard to peel. But very tasty. It’s all good.

6. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
  7. Cowboyrich

Cowboyrich Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Dayton, Washington
    Old enough to better but to young to care?

8. SoulScream84

SoulScream84 Road Train Member

Mar 21, 2020
    I've heard you can catch them in the bed too.

D.Tibbitt, The_vett, MACK E-6 and 6 others Thank this.
  9. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Which door was it that the grandyoung'uns marked up?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.