What if it Snows?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dave_in_AZ, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    @77fib77

What if Russia hits the caldera in Yellowstone with like a 10 megaton'r?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. InTooDeep

InTooDeep Donner party survivor

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    Dang you are quick I was fixin it and you already hit it

4. InTooDeep

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    :angel8:

5. Pamela1990

Pamela1990 Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2021
    B.C. Canada
    2005 T800, with 5 after market driving lights I mounted myself. They work so well, all the trucks got them. Not to be used near traffic though, they are bright, and would blind anyone you followed, or was coming at you. If another truck is coming at me and radios that he is close, i shut them off before I can see the actual truck, because 1 second of them is too much. I've already slowed if loaded and just gone to high beam wimpy headlights. If I'm empty, have already parked, headlights low beam, and aimed into the trees, not up the road.

6. JolliRoger

JolliRoger Road Train Member

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    I broke two trucks on the same trip. Left Columbus in an older but refurbished L190 IH sleeper of Beneke, Richmond, VA-Secaucus, NJ- Charlestown, Mass) and it began to knock at Athens, GA. They sent me a 2 year old IH190 Tilt-Cab, and I chugged on and made the delivery and back to Douglasville, GA. Stopped to eat; came out and fired up, and begorra, it was tapping/knocking.
    Called in. In both cases, the brother of the principal of the leasing company, who had just separated as a Navy Lt, wanted to have the pan dropped to see for sure. I first told him its no use, but he had insisted. So much for management. Any way, nursed it home still intact.
    I later learned this brother had called my old boss/dispatcher. Had told him the story and asked him: Can this guy drive anything? Jimmy Garrard said he told him: Get him a truck that will hold him, and he will make you the best driver you ever had. So they put me in the team little Mack running west till I went in the Army. Xxit happens.

7. kanidana

kanidana Heavy Load Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Mesa, AZ
    Haven't been in this thread for awhile but just thought I'd share the fact that I'm the official owner of a 2019 Freightliner Cascadia as of today. 12500 balloon payment out of pocket. I have about 414000 miles on it and she's got an apu. Paid off in 3.5 years but the lease payments varied between 4000 and 6000 a month for the life of the lease. I'm relieved to be out from under those exorbitant lease payments, that's for sure. Currently have the truck in at velocity truck centers here in the Phoenix area for an alignment and oil change, then I get to run my first lease free loads. Perfect timing for the holidays.

As far as freight here at Schneider I had that one golden week then it was back to the same ole same ole struggle to find decent paying freight out of Phoenix and into golden freight zones. Thus I'm still considering a move to Landstar. I've taken the load board demo a couple of times, but it's hard to figure out freight quantity and rates at high speed like that.

Anyways, thanks for reading. Just felt like sharing with people that might understand the feeling of finally paying off a truck.

8. Pamela1990

Pamela1990 Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2021
    B.C. Canada

When its actually snowing headlights stay on low beam only, and yes the yellow fog lights on, and slow down a lot.

9. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Congrats !!! Nothing better then makinf that last payment. Just dont put it in the ditch like i did while signing that last check :biggrin_25523:

10. InTooDeep

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    Congrats, good on you for sticking it out and clawing your way out of it. Now enjoy some of the fruits of your hard work

11. InTooDeep

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    Not like you have any experience with that :cool:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.