What is a "clean driving record"?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by SteveBausch, Mar 20, 2015.

1. CargoWahgo

CargoWahgo Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Well I was curious myself and decided to call my locall papa johns to meet my unemployment search requirements for next week ;)

They said:
    no your fault accidents (claim over $3000 is a major for them) ...yes I got an amount out of the guy!!
    No reckless speeding tickets

That's it. They didn't care about warnings or minor violations that's the only two they care about.

Sure this isn't a trucking thing but I was curious and killed two birds with one stone.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. G.Anthony

G.Anthony Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    When I'd go and get my copy of my DMV report, it was always clean. If however, I found anything I thought was wrong, I'd simply load it into the washing machine, use heavy duty grease removing soap and Clorox.

Comes out clean every time.

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    The definition of a "clean driving record" is a "clean driving record"; very simple.

Trucking companies each write their own definition of what is "clean enough." What is unacceptable to one company may be acceptable to another.

That's like asking what color is grey; well, there's 50 shades of grey.

5. Lowa3468

Lowa3468 Heavy Load Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Portland, Or
    you sir are wrong there isn't 50 shades of grey there are 51....the 50 shades of grey you are talking about is a movie....if one going to get the facts right then lets get it right....

lmao....thought i would have fun with your wording lmao....

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    No time frame necessary. On your record. Go print out your full MVR. If it is there, it isn't clean.

If it hasn't fallen off but should have, do something about it.

7. dedrouteCO

dedrouteCO Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2015
    Vail, CO
    You'll probably have a tougher time explaining a ticket to a large company since they're looking at you as an insurance liability, playing the numbers game. A small company looks at that too but might be convinced you're not going to bang up their truck and hire you.

8. 315wheelbase

315wheelbase Heavy Load Member

Oct 26, 2014
    Clean means, NEVER A DUI OR DWI, Never an at fault serious accident,,never a serious injury accident, never a 15mph or over ticket,,no OS for a log book and no tickets or accidents of any kind for the past 5 years

it is too easy to drive safe and not have tickets or accidents,

I insured my trucks for a very low price because of these standards and I had excellent drivers (paid them well too)

SteveBausch and ramblingman Thank this.
  9. SlowPoke44magnum

SlowPoke44magnum Medium Load Member

May 3, 2009
    Walbridge,Ohio
    Fixed that for you ;)

10. RogerThat72

RogerThat72 Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Depends. You can have a clean MVR and a few blemishes on your psp. So, ultimately I would say depends on what the company runs. Most OTR run everything. As for local, they seem to care only for MVR.

Milkman719 Thanks this.
  11. Milkman719

Milkman719 Medium Load Member

May 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs
    In colorado Dirt stays on your MVR for 7 Years but talking to my boss he looks for new stuff that is less then 3 years old. Anything under 3 years is going to hurt.

SteveBausch Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.