What is FORCED DISPATCH????

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by highirish, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Jubal3

Jubal3 Heavy Load Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Central WA
    You get a run you can't even make minimum wage on, you REFUSE it.

It's not personal. Want me to do LTL job, pay me HOURLY, TYVM. No, I WON'T do a 200 mile run the company makes $1000 on for $80.

If that's a big problem, you're with a crap company. I've refused a LOT of loads and explained why. (See above).

Sometimes I'm offered extra cash and do the job. Sometimes I skip the job.

Personally, I'd rather SIT than do a job I know #### well the company is making out like a bandit on, and I'm working for less than Min wage.

Sometimes you have to take a crap load to get back into your company's freight lanes. But when you're IN those freight lanes and asked to do a 14-hour job for $150? PULEASE.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    At Schneider I've only refused one load so far. It was on the day I was about to take home time for the first time in a month and I just dropped off 80 miles from home with 5 hours left. I got a load that would take me 200 miles away from the house and then brought me back 100 miles. I'd have been sleeping 150 miles away from home... Called and said nope. No problems at all, went straight home after.

As far as why refuse loads? I wish I'd refused one in mass. 40 mile to live load for an hour and 42 miles to drop relay. Sounded easy and I took it as first load of the day. Got there early and ended up taking 19 hours to load me. $65 for max detention pay and sni doesn't pay short haul miles for relays. So I made less than $80 for a day. And on top of it all the driver that was picking up the relay from me was waiting there the whole time. He was unhappy. Wish I'd said no to that whole shindig

4. Diggler

Diggler Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Jax
    Those 250 miles live load and unload, haha no way. Pay me hourly or add 150 bucks to the load and yeah no problem. Chew up 5 hours of my shift with loads and no pre assignment for after delivery and nah I'm good.

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I'll never refuse a load.

Yea right. You will one day.

Forced dispatch HAH.

In all seriousness, forced dispatch is exactly what it is. Take the papers and get going, no sass.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.