What is Variant?

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JustinH, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    • Pet Policy
    APU in Every Truck
    No more worrying about whether or not you can idle. Every new truck in our fleet has an APU, so you can power the lights, A/C, and other electronics.
    Refrigerator Comes Standard
    Every cabin comes complete with a spacious minifridge, microwave cabinet space and matching cabinetry.
    ~
    Company Driver Trucking Jobs | Variant6+ Month Experience: 56 CPM / 2+ Years: 60 CPM. $2,500 Transition Bonus! Great Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision & 401k Match. All NEW Freightliner Cascadia! Paid Orientation. Pet Policy.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lostmykey

Lostmykey Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Is the pet policy a link? It only appears to say that they have one…

Do trucks that have APUs not need inverters? My current trk has 4 AC outlets that plug into inverter that I believe has it’s own battery. Are trucks with APUs wired decently?

4. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    All good except the “modern” driver is no longer happy with the 7/1 ratio for home time. Most typically run like a 7/3 or a 10/4. That formula is what seems to keep drivers working for the same companies. They’ve actually done studies on it. Living on a truck for three weeks at a time to get a lousy three days off at home probably of what you spend half of one day getting home and half of one day getting back on the truck and getting your gear ready, it’s just ridiculous. A couple days a month at home is no life. You literally have no life. What’s the point of making money if you literally have no life. Lol you’re talking to somebody who used to run 4 to 6 week Straight at a time. Occasionally I’ll do it when I want to string along some fat checks. Otherwise forget it. Not doing it not happening not being forced into it. Life is too short stay out a month at a time.

5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Pet policy is on the website.
    They drivers that started this thread will have to answer about the inverter, etc.

6. ncmickey

ncmickey Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    I get grumpy when I spend more than 2 nights in a row in the truck…

7. Concerned Parent

Concerned Parent Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2022
    The only thing I agree with your post is that they are not like most other companies. They DO NOT care about their drivers; and don't even get me started on the lack of communication in this company. When a driver sends a message that he/she is sick and then later sends another message that he/she is covid positive you don't expect a reply like feel better, not to mention said driver was in 17 degree weather with heavy snowfall and that NO ONE from this "driver friendly" company told the driver that they would arrange hotel accommodations instead they made this driver quarantine in the Variant truck they were currently driving for 6 days and had to walk across the truck stop parking lot in the snow and cold to use the restroom and take a shower, & could not be concerned enough about the driver to even check on them. Nor, could they communicate to the driver that it is Variant policy to place their drivers in a hotel that test positive for Covid. This is a major communication issue, one of many... This driver could have become seriously ill or died and Variant would not have known, all because their is no compassion when it comes to the drivers.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2022
    Trucker61016, Rocks and Lennythedriver Thank this.
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Hotels don't want Covid patients checking in and spreading covid. The room has to be sterilized after and if, the hotel management learns a guest tested positive for Covid.
    Many drivers on this forum have tested positive for Covid and went directly to a hospital for treatment and further advice.

p608 Thanks this.
  9. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    sumbuddy's mom got mad.....LOL

10. ncmickey

ncmickey Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    If I was on the road and found out I had Covid, I would deadhead home where I can recover, have access to my own medical care, and where my friends and family can take care of me if needed. There is no way in hell I am staying in my truck Or a hotel…I know my company would back me 100% on that. I’m not staying in a hotel where I can put others in danger… Along with putting people in danger at a truckstop if I’m staying there…

this is why I’m still wearing a mask when I am inside and around other people… I don’t want to give it… or get it. That’s my choice.

11. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    I just went through this about a month ago. Came down with Covid on the road. Subzero temperatures. Send a message to dispatch that I had Covid. And yes it was Covid because I kept test kits on the truck with me along with other supplements. Not a word. Never said a single word to me or asked me once if I needed anything or how I was doing. You guys are complaining about not getting a hotel? I was out for three days and then continue driving. And yes I was still sick while I was out on the road. Luckily I didn’t get A very bad version of it.

i’ve said it here before and I’ll say it again, there are no trucking companies that truly care about their truck drivers. You’re a statistic on a computer screen and if you think differently you’ve fallen for the buddy talk but all these a holes learn to do around the office. It’s all a con job. They don’t care if you’re dead or alive. Trust me

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.