What is your favorite European truck?

Discussion in 'European/Other Countries Truckers Forum' started by snowbird_89, May 29, 2011.

1. sebo

sebo Medium Load Member

Aug 13, 2007
    camarillo,ca
    :biggrin_2559:, have you been to Europe and you ask half of them and know that like you said 100% positive half of them dont know the difference?, you re definitely something else first your great opinion about kids and now this wow dude

as for the truck i love the sound of the scania, when i was in highschool and waiting for the bus would always listen to zoom by me and friends and you can hear them from far coming cause that little area was up hill, but i always liked the looks of FH and DAFs

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Icee

Icee Light Load Member

Apr 28, 2011
    Finland
    Have to wake this tread.

I'm in love with the Volvo I-shift. It works exatcly like I want it to do. And it is so simple to change manual when they got the shifter at the right place and it does directly.

The Scania opticruise is not even half as god. Only driven one new r500 without the clutch. But even that didn't feel right. The r620 I drive right now with the old opti is worthless. Change gear in a 9% hill and you loose a lot of speed compared to the i-shift

If I compare the engines I have to say I prefer the volvo 440 or 500 over scania 420. The 16l volvo vs scania hmm. Don't know, I'm not that big fan of that v8.

I love the dash in the Man. Feels a little bit like a bmw 7 series. The info panel in Volvo is perfect. You can see everything and it's easy to use. Love the speed in the instrumentcluster in a scania. When you press a button it happens directly. Even the Radio is muche better in Scania, much better signal.

Love that you can lift the tag axel even with full pressure and get say 19t on the drive on a Scania. On the Volvo you have to remove the weight sensor to be able to do that.

Don't know, have to say it's a tie. Somethings are better on a Scania some on the Volvo. But it's behind does to.

danny_379 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.