What is your MPG?

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by JimTheHut, May 5, 2012.

1. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    Thought it would be fun to have anyone who wants to participate, to put in the MPG that Maverick sends you on Sunday for Hub miles.
    Also put your out of route percent!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Freespool

Freespool Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2012
    St.Louis, MO
    Last Sunday mine was 7.12 mpg and 6% out of route.. Then again, I'm new and got stuck in the oldest truck in the fleet.... LOL no apu or inverter... And I can not sleep being hot.. so I imagine my mpg's will be going down even more here soon!

4. JimTheHut

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!

That is better than some guys are getting in the newer trucks...so do not be so hard on yourself!

5. JimTheHut

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    Last week mine was 7.3 with 3 % out of route. The thing that puzzled me was that my tariff mpg was 7.5....which it should have been lower. I honestly thought my hub miles should have been around 7.5 so I will see what it shows tomorrow.

6. JimTheHut

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    This was actually sewerman's idea....so I will give him the props!

7. Freespool

Freespool Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2012
    St.Louis, MO
    I live about two miles off i-55 in Illinois.... So that definitely helps my out of route percentage.

8. JimTheHut

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!

I think when you fuel after your last pick up affects it as well....never really understood it completely.

9. seawheeler

seawheeler Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Central, IL
    I was told not to fuel on Fridays and that would boost your MPGs, but it seems like that trick would catch up with you the next week. Out of route is another story, and nobody can explain how any of this really works.
    Would be interesting to see how the 2013s do with that new motor DD-13 in them.

10. sparkn

sparkn Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2011
    USA
    OOR about 18%. Getting 500 mile weekend runs with 150 miles OOR doesn't help that one bit. Neither does multiple minimum mileage that start off on the wrong side of a large town like Chicago. Everyone's OOR would go down instantly if Maverick instituted practical miles and PUBLISHED the route the tariff miles were calculated on. The current tariff mile calculation is archaic and outdated. OOR only advertises this so all can see how absurd it is. IMO, OOR is luck of the draw.

Fuel mileage. With the wind, about 8.2 on average. Against the wind, about 6.7. Overall, about 7.1 currently. IMO, fuel mileage is more luck of the draw than anything else.

I worry about neither of those two numbers anymore. Neither do I worry about BS comments from management about how drivers need to average "462 miles per day". As far as I'm concerned, it's managements problem to keep the truck rolling, not mine. I keep the left door shut and drive as slow as the schedule will allow (except Fridays, when I drive to maximize home time).

BTW, I hear the new DD13s are already crippled (entirely heresy). What a shame that one guy at Maverick knows more than the hundreds of engineers who design the engines, transmissions, and drive trains putting in hundreds of thousands of hours devoted to being able to provide a personal tailor made experience for each customer.

11. sparkn

sparkn Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2011
    USA
    Seawheeler, OOR and fuel mileage are computer generated and are only truly reconciled at the end of each quarter. Until that time, it's a best guess and can easily be manipulated to increase the inaccuracy. You will put in the neighborhood of 5000 gallons of diesel in your engine each quarter. The final accuracy will be under 1% and use fuel receipts to reconcile. Mileage is polled on the last day of the quarter all at once regardless of whether or not you are on dispatch.

In the mean time, every time you put in your empty call, the performance stats are uploaded and the stats reset in the truck.

seawheeler Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.