What it's like to work for TMC?

Discussion in 'TMC' started by Cpotter8820, Apr 4, 2017.

1. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    For instance...30% of zero, is zero. And there's no revenue with an empty trailer; so if you want TRUE numbers, you have to follow ALL miles you drive, and divide your gross by miles to make sure you're not averaging .28 cpm on percentage versus the .42 cpm you COULD be making had you chosen mileage pay.

But whatever---nobody listens any way. And 99.9% of you percentage pay guys don't bother to add the 'empty miles' to your bottom line, and feel like you have it made.
    Not true, I like TEACHING people...and ripping those that refuse to be taught. Live your life, live your dream, remain oblivious if it makes you happier.

Aamcotrans and Broke Down 69 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 2_Scoops

2_Scoops Bobtail Member

Jan 31, 2017
    I been keeping track of my miles vs percentage pay since I started with TMC. (5th week now). Only on 2 loads so far to include the bounce would I have made more money at .40cpm vs the 26%. And I would like to point out that the 26% is the minimum I get. It's all based on performance and can go as high as 32%. Your just an idiot to take the mileage pay over the percentage. I don't like to leave money on the table.

4. Hsauer87

Hsauer87 Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Parkton , North Carolina

My miles do not matter, I get paid on percentage of the load. I am a company driver. I don't pay for anything. I dont care about empty miles. As long as I make 300 bucks a day to my pocket I am happy. So why would I keep track of miles? I keep track of loads and what they pay to the truck . Every load pays different. Mileage pay is fornthe birds anyway

viper822004 and homeskillet Thank this.
  5. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Great example, and good info for everyone reading.

I'm not trying to tell anyone what they SHOULD do...I'm trying to show everyone what they COULD do.
    Not all companies are the same...there are some that you could be making better money on the 'mileage pay' option....and if you don't compare your percentage check to the actual miles run, and then to the possible mileage rate---how will you ever know you could be doing better?

Rock on..........:rolleyes:

Highway Sailor Thanks this.
  6. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    5th week, your still on the gravy loads gairenteed to make so much per week aren't you?

7. IA Sooner

IA Sooner Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Ames, Iowa
    It's only a 2 week guarantee now

8. 2_Scoops

2_Scoops Bobtail Member

Jan 31, 2017
    No past that point brother. And it was only $1,000 guarantee per week for the 1st two weeks

9. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    IA SOONER updated me....I stand corrected.

10. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    They want students

11. SouthernBlend

SouthernBlend Bobtail Member

Jun 20, 2017
    You get what you put into it. Trip planning and time management are key

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.