what kind of mpg do you get?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by jlkklj777, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Dice1

Dice1 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Bessemer City, NC
    Have you considered this https://mygauges.com/store/scangaugekr instead of all those gauges?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012
    I would get the scangageD LONG before I even consider a KR.....If the ScangageD gave me pyro, I'd more likely consider it.

And yes, I have looked at them. This past couple months, that's taken on a better liking to me. I like some of the features it has. But would still like the true mechanical gages.

The one feature it has that really is peaking my interest is the ability to check and clear codes.

Cheapest I have found so far.

http://www.rvupgradestore.com/ScanGaugeD-Vehicle-Computer-p/92-1538.htm

4. Rawze

Rawze Medium Load Member

Jun 29, 2013
    inmytruck
    I do not pay IFTA, nor is it deducted from my settlements. The carrier I am signed onto pays my fuel taxes.

here is a screen-shot of the page I where enter my fuel data. I put in gallons, ppg, trip number, discount (i never see this at pump so its always 0), and state. It spits back total and I look at pump to confirm it matches.

Untitled.jpg

5. MNdriver

Feb 24, 2012

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please n

6. Rawze

Rawze Medium Load Member

Jun 29, 2013
    inmytruck
    fixed it,...here is from june...you can see i had some serious improvements since june...

Untitled2.jpg

7. Rawze

Rawze Medium Load Member

Jun 29, 2013
    inmytruck
    the re-mapping of the engine since june is what got me to the august numbers.

8. MNdriver

Feb 24, 2012

what are the specs on your truck....

And what are your typical loads for all of this?

9. leftlanetruckin

leftlanetruckin Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Mo Via Blackpool,Lancs.
    MPG? What are MPG's?
    5.2 average with the Star.
    Now, before you all go in mad fits, consider that I am ALWAYS overweight when loaded, as well as 14' wide and 14'2" tall pulling an RGN. And I also dont run 55mph etc in a 75mph state. Curfews and daylight dictate how I run.

Martin

10. Rontonio

Rontonio Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2009
    IE=leftlanetruckin;3469984]MPG? What are MPG's?
    5.2 average with the Star.
    Now, before you all go in mad fits, consider that I am ALWAYS overweight when loaded, as well as 14' wide and 14'2" tall pulling an RGN. And I also dont run 55mph etc in a 75mph state. Curfews and daylight dictate how I run.

Martin[/QUOTE]
    Outlaw! Told you those combines are baddddd!

I get 5.5 overall but lately I am mostly over 100k but not 14\14

11. Rawze

Rawze Medium Load Member

Jun 29, 2013
    inmytruck
    here is the bulk of it. I also have 3.55 rears/50wt oil in them and tranny, bypass oil system on engine, waterless coolant zero-pressure system, the bigger 'Blue' flex pipes for CAC (all fittings double clamped), exhaust wrap, glassmatt-AGM low consumption batteries, no EGR/DPF, custom turbo-mapping for how I drive, +8 degree timing shift with hydraulic crank lag compensation. Engine runs extremely smooth. You have to look at tach. to shift it sometimes, hard to hear engine running unless in a pull.

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...-what-kind-mpg-do-you-get-12.html#post3468092

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.