What load boards post rates?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by OldeSkool, Jun 9, 2023.

1. OldeSkool

OldeSkool Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Arkansas
    Is there a better load board for posting rates than DAT? Seems like most of the loads I look at anymore they don’t post any rates. I’m just on the Demo mode checking it out, maybe if I bought it it would be better.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kenworth6969

Kenworth6969 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2020
    It's either no rates or cheap rate. dat is biggest load board

tscottme and OldeSkool Thank this.
  4. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Coyote in house board has rates on 99% of the loads. All are way below market. Posted rates are a kind psychological manipulation to anchor the price and influencing your counter bid closer to where THEY want the rate to be. You automatically say to yourself, well there's no way $500 or a $1,000 or however much over would ever fly so you bid much lower. And then there's the people who will offer to run it for cheaper than posted rate.

5. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    The load that I just picked up tonight I had bid $2,200 over what it was posted for.. After seeing the load disappear twice and returned twice I got it.
    Although I did end up coming down $400 I was still very happy with what I got.
    I’m stubborn and ignore “That lane only pays X amount”. Meanwhile I don’t ignore what a lane costs me to run..higher fuel costs and lots of tolls..I’m getting my price or I’ll gladly take some time off.

Makes me laugh how some don’t even bother to negotiate a better rate. Been on the phone with a Coyote rep more than once negotiating a better rate and someone just grabs it for the posted amount.

6. rollin coal

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Same here man. Wins like that on Coyote have become a rare bird too. They've got to where here anymore those big time bids you submit like that way the hell over what they've posted get rejected really quick lol. They used to at least attempt a counter. But yeah I watch for the same clues like you mentioned. You can tell if they really want to book you from desperation too when they call within a half a minute of submitting.

7. OldeSkool

OldeSkool Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Arkansas
    Thanks for the help. I’ll check them out. I know they’ll usually go up, I just like a ballpark figure at least to know if it even seems worth calling about.

Vampire Thanks this.
  8. rollin coal

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Yeah they post full load details too. Shipper and receiver name. Times, weight and piece count. Sometimes the freight info is correct, sometimes not. All the info you want to figure exactly what you need. You'll probably think most of their loads aren't going to be worth it lol. But, you can submit bids on any of them. They seem to specialize in loads that have too much time, or maybe that's more a reflection of our wonderful electronic logging world. I remember when 900 miles was an overnighter solo load that could actually be legally done. Now they want teams on 600 milers. We took 8 hour breaks back then.

Vampire, Siinman and OLDSKOOLERnWV Thank this.
  9. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    I have always noticed the same thing with them. One reason why I have only done like 3 loads in 4 years I have been in business. I do like most of the way they do business so never complained about them at least. If a person was wanting to be lazy and drive 400 or so miles a day at most they would be perfect fit.

Jubal Early Times and Vampire Thank this.
  10. rollin coal

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    That's where the money is at with solo van freight. 400 miles or less last minute stuff. But I never found any of it worth a #### from them. Usually auto parts, Ford, GM, Nissan that kind of thing mostly from Landstar before the Ukrainians and Russians ruined them. But the money disappeared on that freight several years ago. I ditched my van trailer when it did. If you want long runs that pay well you need to get a reefer.

We book about 120 loads a year from Coyote. At one time about 90% of those would be me. But not anymore. I had 100% on time pickup and delivery with them for about 5 years running. In fact I'm never late on any of their's or any other load. Me and my buddy Marek booked a lot from them but he didn't book near as much from them as I did. None of that mattered though. They're like every other broker out there large and small, price is the only thing any of them care about.

11. rollin coal

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    This is year to date. Maybe 50% of those are mine. Maybe less. Mine are always Johnny on the spot 100% of the time. Elite means nothing. Been there for 7 years. Carrier of choice gets quicker payment. We're a small fish and don't run enough freight for that. Anymore most of their #### is just something to go back home on, you know what the load is based off the posted details, so it's much better than dealing with some other liar. It used to be a lot of good front haul freight.

Screenshot_20230611-191311_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20230611-191333_Chrome.jpg

Vampire, Constant Learner and Siinman Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.