What really torques my frame is...

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by windsmith, Dec 24, 2012.

1. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Brokers who post loads needing to be covered on a weekend, holiday, or day after the holiday, and then don't answer their phone because they're closed for the weekend / holiday.

Especially when the load was posted 5 minutes ago. You know someone's working if they're posting new loads.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bender

bender Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Don't Kid Yourself
    Well, they just can't talk right now, too busy shoving them christmas cookies in their yaps, keep trying.

4. Flightline

Flightline Road Train Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Almost There
    Maybe next truck you buy will have a double frame. Doesn't torque as easy. LOL

Actually I've ran into this same thing before. Sometimes if you can leave a message they call back. I have actually gotten hold of them on weekends but not always.

windsmith Thanks this.
  5. barnmonkey

barnmonkey Bobtail Member

Jul 3, 2008
    Central, MD
    Gal at Membersedge told me that some brokers have auto-posting software that updates their load listings.

6. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    Yup, auto posting. How many people, like me, won't call on loads that show 9+ to much later in my call cycle. Normally it is a crap load or they forgot to remove it.

But I was right with you until I learned this little detail. Very frustrating.

7. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Problem is, I see loads with -0- time on the boards, and that 0 stays with them through every refresh on ITS. Sometimes the same load even pops up as 'new'. ITS should penalize brokers that do this, as it's very misleading.

8. Flightline

Flightline Road Train Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Almost There
    I;m sure if you write to ITS on the contact section, they will send a nasty gram to the broker. ITS seems to care about keeping the load board cleaned up. They are great to deal with.

windsmith Thanks this.
  9. LSAgentOZR

LSAgentOZR Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    This is especially for you. This should be your new avatar or signature pic.

grinds+gears.jpg

BigBadBill and windsmith Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.