What Roadside Assistance Do You Use?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by DriveWA, Sep 7, 2018.

1. DriveWA

DriveWA Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2018
    What companies do you guys use for Roadside assistance ? I am researching and trying to find services that will cover me anywhere in the United States as I am driving OTR. I don't want to end up in the middle of nowhere and it's going on 3am and have to go through the process of finding a company that's open.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Whoever is closest and has availability to get out there right away. Price is a factor but secondary to getting those wheels turning again.

Any national “service” I’ve used normally just does what you can do yourself. And it’s frustrating to try and get them paid then waiting an hour for it to trickle down the chain of communication so they release you to roll again.

TripleSix Thanks this.
  4. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    You are correct sir.

See, there’s another issue that arises

You call your hotline and the person on the phone that’s paid minimum wage relays a message that gets relayed again and again. Service truck gets dispatched at an hourly rate AND a mileage rate...and they’re located a couple hundred miles away!

4 hours later, the service truck shows up. With the wrong part. Or the wrong tire. Or unequipped to deal with your problem. 3 guesses who eats the cost of him running back for the correct part.

I’d rather cut out the middleman and save time. BTW, if it’s something small and insignificant that has you stranded, call NAPA first. For any hoses or lines or anything like that. You will save a buttload of money.

5. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    yup, they’ll deliver to the side of the road

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.