What should i do

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by Dumbfounded, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Dumbfounded

Dumbfounded Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2018
    I have been working with my current company for about 2 months. Myself along with other Drivers have been driving roughly 12 to 13 hours a day and we’re paid by the hour.. I brought it up to both of my supervisors and the owner of the company that we are all driving over hours. We use time cards to track our time... the time we get to the yard, start and stop time of pre trip, the time we get to the site, the time the job starts and ends, and start and end time of post trip . I haven’t taken one break or one lunch since I’ve started and they have been hassling me about doin one less load then other drivers. So when they told me in person and I explained that if everyone was to take there mandatory 30 minute break that we would all get the same amount of loads and the supervisor told me that we are paid for our breaks but I explained to him that it’s dot regulation and he just said that d.o.t isn’t here so it doesn’t matter. I really didn’t know what to say after that..they have already changed my start time a few days after I starting reporting issues with the truck . I drove for a month without trailer running lights that I noted every day in my dvir along with other major issues with the trailers I reported everything in my dvir’s .. So I went as far as recording the the owner and supervisor coaching me on what to tell chp if I get pulled over. As of right now if turn in my logs I have over 25 separate log violations. Please help I don’t know what I should do.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    get another job..

nuff said.

Tb0n3, peterd, Rounded_nut and 12 others Thank this.
  4. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Do not drive faulty equipment. You could go to prison if accident kills somebody. Or if accident does not kill anyone, and logs are not legal you still go to prison.

Also all tickets you get are on you for paying.

Move on for crying out loud Swift seems better than your employer.

5. Dumbfounded

Dumbfounded Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2018

I have to turn in my logs in order to get my last check .. if D.O.T for what ever reason does an audit or inspection on the company and finds all of my logs it affects my csa score . I could potentially lose my job and with a csa with over 25 log violations I can imagine I won’t be able to find a job anywhere

6. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Turn in your logs and quit. If you are not working and DOT audits carrier. You will not get tickets.

snowwy and Dumbfounded Thank this.
  7. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Boy, does this ever sound familiar.(everybody does one more load than you, baloney, just a half baked tactic as incentive, I never went for that ) Years ago, it was no big deal, run 'round the clock with paper clips holding the truck together, but don't do it today, too much at stake. Turn in the logs, get what's due,( I'm sure they'll screw you) and move on. Unless there's an incident, the DOT probably won't inspect them, unless you tell them, and that could backfire. If you ever are questioned, tell them, you were forced to run. Plenty of jobs, but next time, do a little more research. Talk to other drivers of a company. Best way to get a good job, it worked for me.

8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You're not forced to do anything illegal; you're doing that voluntarily. DOT can see right through a driver saying they were forced to do something illegally and that's why it affects your csa and future employment.
    Either just deal with it or change jobs.

9. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Get a different job

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  10. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Not sure the "forced to run" would fly today. Years ago, when we ran too hard, I was told by the "head driver" to use red ink on the violation part of the paper log, and print, "forced to run". I always did what the boss told me to do and never used a red pen.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  11. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    That’s a tough one.
    You’re home everyday
    But you probably sleep a lot of that time.
    Then there’s the no break part... you could eat driving down the road or the boss could give you all a 30 minute unpaid lunch break, (your coworkers would hate you even more)
    If you quit could you find a better job?
    Probably more factors.
    It’s up to you to decide..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.