What should i do

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by Dumbfounded, Aug 31, 2018.

1. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Well here's a tip try some physiological ploy with your boss/ supervisor if you want to continue working there this is one i tried years ago successfully after being asked to do 2 "hot loads" i said to myself no more and proceeded to approach my supervisor and tell him this story about how would he feel if some driver who'd gone over his legal hours happened to run into a car a member of his family was driving and cause serious harm? Once he processed that thought i never ever got given a hot load again.

x1Heavy and Mike2633 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    The two audits I’ve been involved in they said they can only look at current employees. The first officer had a list of logs he wanted to look at based on tickets, two guys were no longer working there, and he let the office manager pick two people to replace the two he wanted to see. Just speaking from my experience, maybe the people that showed up for the audits were cooler than most.

4. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    If it's as bad you're saying it is quit. Is this a local dump truck, construction type job or something, just can't tell from what you've given us and I'm nosy.

5. Just passing by

Just passing by Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Mississippi
  6. Rocknroller4

Rocknroller4 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2015
    Just quit man and if in the slim chance DOT looked for you just tell them you quit because of their terrible safety.

7. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    They can look at any log that they want, your retention period for logs is still six months and if they want to pull a log of any driver in the fleet they can within that time period, they can. Many times it seems they are looking for corrective measures.

Your case they had targets for remediation, they still could have looked at them but it wasn't in the scope of their needs.

x1Heavy and Long FLD Thank this.
  8. justa_driver

justa_driver Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Tennessee
    Just tell them youre not going to run against your log. If they persist, get another job.

9. silverspur

silverspur Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
  10. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    OP has a lot of misconceptions about the rules and regulations and csa.

But then, It's a common problem when transitioning from otr to local paid by the hour.

There's some slight differences being local vs. otr.

11. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    Is this a Cincinnati company? Sounds like the boss I used to work for.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.