What should I do?

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Newdriver813, Jan 8, 2023.

1. Newdriver813

Newdriver813 Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2023
    I don’t live in Reno anymore, I’m stuck in Phoenix.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I know where you might get a job as a Seaman Deckhand trainee.
    You'd have to drive to Vicksburg, MS if accepted. This is a Maritime Union job.
    Submit an application and find out.
    All applicants must:
    • be at least 20 years of age
    • have and maintain a valid Driver’s License
    • have a High School Diploma or equivalent
    You live on the ship and meals are provided. Phone number on website.
    Golding Barge Line - Tank Barge Transportation
    [​IMG]

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Pacific Coast Supply in Glendale, AZ 85301
    About 9 miles from you.
    Driver trainee. Will assist you acquiring a CDL-A
    If you are interested in working as a delivery driver but do not have a Class A license, this is a great opportunity for career development. If you are hired as a material handler and demonstrate a good work ethic and a willingness to learn, there is an opportunity for you to obtain your Class A license within a few months. Training will be provided, the DMV test will be covered, and the salary increase is significant.

5. Newdriver813

Jan 8, 2023
    And if you guys are wondering, I only have my permit. I obtained my permit before coming to Phoenix. I didn’t want to come to Phoenix without completing my hair sample, but the first hair test was lost in the mail (is what they told me). The second hair test I did I gave it two weeks to hear the results, the recruiter called me an told me I can come to Phoenix and bring my prescription papers with me. The second hair test didn’t go through they said the envelope was not initialed. So I did a third hair test in Phoenix and got results and I showed them my prescription and that’s when they gave me this paper to send the doctor.

I called and sent over an email and they wrote back:

You will need this to be done by your primary
    care physician, as we are an Oral Surgeon and
    the last time you were seen was for a procedure in September.

The assistant is acting as if she is a doctor and is telling me that the drug that they gave me should not be showing up in a hair test in December and they are treating me as if I’m a drug addict and she is doing whatever to stop me from getting in touch with the doctor and getting my paperwork filled.

6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Blue Bell Creameries | The Best Ice Cream in the Country
    5175 W Watkins St, Phoenix, AZ 85043
    ~
    Will assist in acquiring a CDL
    A CDL license is preferred but not required. If you do not have a CDL, you will be provided on the job training to obtain a Class B license with air brake endorsement. The Class B license must be obtained within 30 days after hire date.
    [​IMG]

7. Newdriver813

Jan 8, 2023
    Thank you for the help, I appreciate all the information anyone can provide for me. I wish I could just drive away from here but my car won’t last long on the interstate. But I can make to Glendale, AZ. My brand new tires went out coming to Phoenix. I had to get towed and once I got in Phoenix I bought two new tires. Apparently there is an issue with my steering rack and knuckle. And that’s going to prevent me from going high speeds on the interstate without eating up my tires.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  8. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    Your recruiter shafted you.....by giving you the "green light" to show up before all the paperwork/tests were completed--and then blessed by the appropriate parties.

I believe that is sometimes called, "counting your chickens before they have hatched".

Thus--you can do as suggested above/earlier....and/or start all over with another local carrier.

--Lual

9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Unifirst in Phoenix will help you acquire a CDL.
    • 21 years of age
    • Valid driver's license
    • Reliable transportation
    Some of their trucks don't require a CDL, but later you can move to a cdl truck after acquiring your cdl license.
    [​IMG] upload_2023-1-8_12-1-46.jpeg

10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    If Swift reported the drug test to the Clearinghouse, that's another problem. If you weren't an employee, then it may not matter.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2023
  11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Can you join the military? If so, talk to a recruiter. Drug tests will be done; don't know if it's urine or hair.
    All the branches are needing recruits. Coast Guard probably also.
    My son got a CDL in the US Navy Seabees.
    [​IMG]

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.