What should I do?

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Newdriver813, Jan 8, 2023.

1. Newdriver813

Newdriver813 Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2023
    Highly noted.

Here’s the update, the doctor finally sent the form over and then they called me back said I failed my urine test and they were kicking me out.

I said no way that’s not true, no way I failed my urine test. So they went back and checked and seen that I only failed a hair test and also passed two urine test. They reinstated me and made me sign a paper saying I don’t take the medication anymore.

Just like that I was put into a truck with the other students.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. brian991219

brian991219 Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    Hair testing will not be permitted in place of urine for DOT testing for a long time. The HHS won't get behind it because they agree the science isn't sound nor fair, too many variables. FMCSA just drnied a petition to allow carriers to report failed hair tests to the Clearinghouse, which is where I am drawing my opinion that FMCSA will not be allowing hair testing in any official capacity any time soon.

As for VA docs doing DOT medicals, I thought that had gone thru already. I will have to dig into what the hold up is.

4. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Don't give up on Swift yet. They are mental about the rules and safety, which can be to your advantage.
    But they have to cover their own backside, especially with all the bad press.

I've been with Swift just over 12 years. Some people have a bad experience, but mine has been very good.
    Over 40% of the drivers at my terminal have at least a million miles with Swift, and that is a lot of years at the same company for all those drivers.
    It isn't because we can not find work elsewhere, it is because we like it where we are at.

Metalicious, lual and dptrucker Thank this.
  5. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    Good grief! :eek:

That's a fantastic post--thanks for sharing!!! :) :D :occasion5:

--Lual

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  6. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    @Newdriver813 I'm going to echo this comment. I have a lot of friends who either drive for Swift or are in their management. The majority of the Swift jokes I get are what they send me.

Don't give up!

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  7. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Bleeping big uglies. They are big and they are ugly. I went through the same thing with not so swift well over 2 decades ago. My doctor was nice enough to fill out and sign the papers. If I were you I would look for another job right now ASAP !!! The problem isn’t with your dot medical card it’s with not very swift. It will not hurt you one bit to talk to some other carriers. You can also get yourself another physical. I would love to give you some advice over the phone and dig into your case a little more.

8. Metalicious

Metalicious Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2015
    You could say you take a one-a-day vitamin and they want a doctor to sign off on it.

ducnut Thanks this.
  9. Oakland Raiders Forever

Oakland Raiders Forever Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2020
    They are big and they are ugly. This won’t be the last. This is just the starting point. Only 2% of Swift last over 2 years.

10. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    And yet around 40% of the drivers in my terminal are million mile (+) drivers with 10-30 years.

11. Metalicious

Metalicious Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2015
    I read his post too, I think but could be wrong that he was meaning 2% of inexperienced drivers that go there for training. Now, if there are 40% of those drivers who made one million miles with Swift then hats off to them.

ducnut and Moosetek13 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.